UKBouldering.com

racing raymond - eldwick (Read 3209 times)

ctodd

racing raymond - eldwick
April 29, 2015, 08:20:50 am
Has anyone done this? seems tricky - pasting feet up the arete, attempting to throw into left hand side pulls but no joy. Any knowledge?

Chris.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#1 Re: racing raymond - eldwick
April 29, 2015, 08:33:49 am
I'd be interested to hear the knowledge. I live literally down the road so it's an obvious thing to tick!

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#2 Re: racing raymond - eldwick
April 29, 2015, 06:21:03 pm
Has anyone done this? seems tricky - pasting feet up the arete, attempting to throw into left hand side pulls but no joy. Any knowledge?

Chris.
Sounds about right. Be strong. It's a goodun.

dunnyg

• forum hero
#3 Re: racing raymond - eldwick
May 14, 2015, 11:15:53 am
Get your new string on and get on elevator while you are there will. I cant picture exactly where this is, any snaps?

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#4 Re: racing raymond - eldwick
May 18, 2015, 08:11:48 pm
Did this tonight. Didn't get the full lot on vid before the rain began. This vid shows my foot beta with a left foot smear on the arête that might be helpful.
Once I actually caught the bottom side pull I flashed the last moves so there is hope, despite the video being discouraging!
Also tried bumping to the top sidepull straight away and it was waaaaay too stretched.
With the bottom side pull, bump your right hand up the arête and paste a right heel on (you know, where you put your heel on and point your toe to the floor) and then get the top sidepull which should see you easily to the top.

andyd

• forum hero
    • https://vimeo.com/user14959179
#5 Re: racing raymond - eldwick
May 19, 2015, 06:11:38 pm
Will, you appear to have uploaded your trash rather than a worthwhile climbing video. :slap:

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#6 Re: racing raymond - eldwick
May 19, 2015, 06:30:51 pm
I'd never heard of the problem or the crag - looks intriguing - could somebody please oblige with the beta? The ukc database shows it to be near the Dick Hudson's pub - is that where the parking is, and is the way to the crag pretty obvious?  Supposedly SW facing and it looks a bit Brownstones-esque to presumably quick drying?  Any of the other problems worth a try - very near to my house / office so might try to get out there after work some time. 

andy_e

• forum hero
#7 Re: racing raymond - eldwick
May 19, 2015, 06:33:07 pm
 If I remember correctly, we parked at Dick Hudson's but we weren't climbing, just scoping the place out, then retired to Dick Hudson's for a pint.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
    • Unknown Stones
#8 Re: racing raymond - eldwick
May 20, 2015, 07:17:53 am
Will, you appear to have uploaded your trash rather than a worthwhile climbing video. :slap:
You knob, Donkey. I only put it up for the foot beta!

Moose, if approaching from Ilkley, park in a lay by immediately before the Dick Hudson's T junction on the left hand side of the road.
Cross the road and walk through the car park of Dick's to find a squeeze stile leading out to the road. Cross the road here and head through the metal gate onto a footpath. Follow this between two walls until you emerge from "the trench". Contour left to find the crag.

There's a buttress of natural grit on the left with Footlocker, the left hand bay has the big slab of Elevator, RR is the short arête immediately right. Comply or Die is the 7A+ crack in the right hand bay.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal