UKBouldering.com

Charlie Hebdo massacre (Read 14864 times)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#50 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 10, 2015, 12:30:30 am

What are you suggesting the truth may be Nible? Beyond 'three nutters with twisted extremest beliefs linked to Islam seek a grievance, find one, get trained up, form a plan and go wild, killing lots of innocent people and are then killed by police'?
There's a lot to know: how they passed from idea to action, who gave them support, where they got trained and by who, how many like them there are still around, who gave them the AK47s, who paid for them, who is profiting from this, how they got back in France from Syria being unnoticed, why the French secret services ignored the warnings coming from Algerian services the day before the assault, etc. etc.
Briefly, what we're left with, after their death, is a partial truth that won't go much deeper than the mere facts. Had they remained alive, probably we could have known more.
In Italy we've had so many "misteries" buried in the graves of dead people, that I hate it when I feel that we're not going to be able to know as much as possible.
Just this.

They were never likely to be taken alive.

ghisino

• forum abuser
#51 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 10, 2015, 12:54:37 am
What are you suggesting the truth may be Nible? Beyond 'three nutters with twisted extremest beliefs linked to Islam seek a grievance, find one, get trained up, form a plan and go wild, killing lots of innocent people and are then killed by police'?
There's a lot to know: how they passed from idea to action, who gave them support, where they got trained and by who, how many like them there are still around, who gave them the AK47s, who paid for them, who is profiting from this, how they got back in France from Syria being unnoticed, why the French secret services ignored the warnings coming from Algerian services the day before the assault, etc. etc.
Briefly, what we're left with, after their death, is a partial truth that won't go much deeper than the mere facts. Had they remained alive, probably we could have known more.
In Italy we've had so many "misteries" buried in the graves of dead people, that I hate it when I feel that we're not going to be able to know as much as possible.
Just this.

http://www.lepopulaire.fr/limousin/actualite/2015/01/08/un-commissaire-de-police-de-limoges-se-suicide-dans-son-bureau_11283307.html

btw has anyone here enough experience with weapons to say what a close-up shot should look like?
The video of the policeman being shot is already object of great attention by conspiracy theorists.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#52 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 10, 2015, 08:21:19 am
I wonder whether we'd have seen such a show of solidarity if the shooting had happened in this country?

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#53 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 10, 2015, 09:22:31 am
What should a close shot look like?

How long is a piece of string?

Generally not a Hollywood gore-fest.

Bullets travel pretty fast from assault rifles (no, don't remember and can't be arsed to look for muzzle velocities), they begin their flight quite stable and pass through most things without much tumble.
That changes rapidly as range increases.

Then there is the question of ammunition.

Jacketed, designed to penetrate body armour?

Flesh and bone are like wet tissue, poked with a needle.

Brought up on Hollywood, most people find their first visit to the range, or even their first live fire exercise, to be strikingly understated.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#55 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 14, 2015, 06:23:16 pm
I was looking for a torrent of the entire CH back catalog pdf, but The Pirate Bay is down

mark s

• junky
#56 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 14, 2015, 06:29:47 pm
Just this.

http://www.lepopulaire.fr/limousin/actualite/2015/01/08/un-commissaire-de-police-de-limoges-se-suicide-dans-son-bureau_11283307.html

btw has anyone here enough experience with weapons to say what a close-up shot should look like?
The video of the policeman being shot is already object of great attention by conspiracy theorists.

i have used a shot gun at close range on a fox and it wasnt a blood fest.a shot gun is more likely to do that than a rifle
conspiracy nutters just pick up on anything and roll with it.
they must believe what they see in films.

also if it was staged (so obviously not) wouldnt the actors be rigged to behave like hollywood gunshots like people would expect?

petejh

• forum hero
#57 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 14, 2015, 07:14:46 pm
I was looking for a torrent of the entire CH back catalog pdf, but The Pirate Bay is down

Pirate Bay's been down for yonks hasn't it? A few mirror sites cropped up and they were taken down too.

petejh

• forum hero
#59 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 14, 2015, 07:26:48 pm
They said on the news that Charlie Hebdo have increased the print run to 5 million to fulfill customer demand. They must be making a big prophet.

jwi

• forum hero
    • On Steep Ground
#60 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 14, 2015, 07:32:55 pm

ehum ... http://oldpiratebay.org .... ehum ... (more trustworthy than demonoid at any rate)

no scanned back catalogue though....

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#61 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 14, 2015, 08:34:17 pm

Pirate Bay's been down for yonks hasn't it? A few mirror sites cropped up and they were taken down too.
Eh? There are loads of proxies or mirrors aren't there? There were last time I looked anyway which was probably a few weeks ago....

petejh

• forum hero
#62 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 14, 2015, 10:00:53 pm
Right, good. I gave up looking not long after the main site was taken down and then a few mirrors/proxies went the same way. Good to see it's still going I'll see if I can get my ***** stuff back up and running...

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
#63 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 15, 2015, 07:36:34 am
I mentioned TPB in an ironic tone of voice

you know; coz people go on about it representing freedom of distributing information and all that

and it's been taken out

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#64 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 15, 2015, 08:13:33 am
The irony being that, like everything politicians try to "ban" on the internet, it blatantly hasn't been taken out and five seconds googling reveals a hundred heads where the one they chopped off used to be.......

I'm no expert and so far can't even be arsed with VPNs or anything. If Cameron can't beat me then if he expects to stop my son's generation doing whatever they want online he's even more of a moron than I thought (of course it's just posturing and being "seen to do something" unless he's getting REALLY bad advice).

Let's hope it's political posturing anyway.....

http://boingboing.net/2015/01/13/what-david-cameron-just-propos.html

What were you marching in France for again Dave?  :wank: :wank: :wank:

tomtom

• forum hero
#65 Re: Charlie Hebdo massacre
January 15, 2015, 08:56:49 am

What were you marching in France for again Dave?  :wank: :wank: :wank:

Votes.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal