UKBouldering.com

Free web design/hosting site knowledge (Read 1486 times)

nik at work

• forum hero
Free web design/hosting site knowledge
May 09, 2014, 09:58:42 pm
Evening folks, after a bit of help. The mother in law wants to build a website for her dog club and I'm the lucky son-in-law roped in to help, oh unbridled joy...
Anyway she's after something pretty simple, a few pictures of dogs probably half a dozen pages (ten at most) and a bit of text. But, and here's the rub, it needs to be something that a collection of <ahem> middle aged women </ahem> can maintain and edit bearing in mind most of their time is taken up with dogs and pink ribbons (probably...)
Has anyone got any recommendations for a online web-building/hosting what-not that is free (if possible) or very cheap. Easy to use. Having a bit of advertising and such like would be fine. Please help me out or I face the prospect of several years of HTML hard time on a rock in the middle of the Irish sea......

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Wordpress is one option, or there is Google Sites

tomtom

• forum hero
Google are fine. Uninspiring but fine.

AB

• regular
My mum's middle aged and got on really well with weebly for making a garden website (http://www.theoldvicarageburley.com/index.html). When I was looking at website builder reviews the general consensus was that it's the easiest to use but lacks some of the high end features which other builders have. Required minimal input from me to help her and I think the website looks good. It's free for minimal advertising i.e. to have weebly on the domain name or you can pay something like £4 a month to get rid of that.

nik at work

• forum hero
Cheers for the thoughts gents. Got her playing on moonfruit this morning and she seems happy enough with that and it seems featuresome enough to keep her happy for a while.
We did initially try google sites last night before I posted and I found it completely rubbish. We couldn't even get it to log us in to edit the site we created, 'twas rubbish and quite unhelpful tbh. I suspect we may have fallen foul of some fundamental problem related to a critical mass of blue rinses in proximity of an electronic device...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal