UKBouldering.com

meddonet (Read 10719 times)

webbo

• forum hero
#25 Re: meddonet
June 22, 2009, 01:34:42 pm
where is that in relation to the main crag at sixt.i don't have guide as i always climbed with mates who lived in the valley at the time.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#26 Re: meddonet
July 07, 2009, 10:26:53 am
It's to the right. We had a look, but it looked a bit crap and polished so we didn't bother.

We got hold of the Arve Guide, and it's not in there either, just says that there is a boudering spot there in the map. Did find some other great crags in that guide though, an amazing one called Frasse, an 80m slab with loads of water runnels on it. Also found som OK shady routes at Les Contamines.

Amusingly, explored the bouldering mentioned near Cluses. There is actually a marked circuit of 150 probs, of which I found about 40, and about a dozen looked worth doing. Judging by leaves and moss it looked like they hadn't been climbed in a while. Will post a pic or two.

webbo

• forum hero
#27 Re: meddonet
July 07, 2009, 01:14:28 pm
i gues there is a new guide out,as my guide has topos for meddonet,bourrinoire and another spot on high up on the left opposite sallanche.it doesn't mention the bouldering near cluses though.
my mate who lives out there pointed a spot out on the cluses/sallanche road as we drove past which i suspect is the place you mean.but i could never remember where it was.there is supposed to be another place near tananges on the road as if you were heading to st joinne(you will have to excuse my spelling of these places)
although my mate knew about these spots and all the other places in both valleys he would only climb at certain places and if i made go somewhere else he would sulk and just witter how crap they were and be generally disintrested.when we went to bourrioire he couldn't leave fast enough this was after it took me ages to persuede him to go and i needed him to show me where it is as its not easy to find.i think this made me feel it wasn't very good which i suspect isn't the case.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#28 Re: meddonet
July 07, 2009, 01:31:30 pm
I reckon since the chamonix valley bouldering guide came out they seperated out the bouldering areas from the cragging guide, as it is pretty crammed as it is, and you wouldn't want to have to carry it up a route. be intrigued to know where the stuff near Taninges is, as Taniniges is pretty close to the Pont de Gets. I also went for a walk up the valley towards Praz de Lys from the Pont des Gets at the switchback by the bridge, and saw a couple of boulders that could be OK if the carpet of moss was removed.

webbo

• forum hero
#29 Re: meddonet
July 07, 2009, 09:23:30 pm
its somewhere just on the edge of town on the road heading towards st jeoire.i know this is bit vague but in my defence it was some years ago it was pointed out.i imagine it will a smaller version of the place you went to near cluses.the other place in my guide is called blocs de plaine joux which looks a bit of pain to drive to so i've never bothered and theres only 30 problems.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#30 Re: meddonet
July 08, 2009, 08:23:04 am
The plaine joux road looks like it might be fun on a roadbike though. Will have to get some pages off you for the next time we visit.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#31 Re: meddonet
July 17, 2009, 12:20:15 pm
Have just got film back from printers (:))

Some pics of boulders near cluses if anyone is interested.

A couple of overgrown blocks, the prob in the trees to the left acually looked OK.

A cool looking groovy roof, probably the nicest looking boulder there

proof that there is / was a circuit there at some point. Fuck knows where the other 131 are though

For all I know, out of summer it may be a hotbed of activity. Would be surprised though.

webbo

• forum hero
#32 Re: meddonet
July 17, 2009, 02:20:55 pm
i presume this place is on the left as you head from cluses towards magland at the bottom of those big walls on the N 205.

webbo

• forum hero
#33 Re: meddonet
July 17, 2009, 02:40:18 pm
The plaine joux road looks like it might be fun on a roadbike though. Will have to get some pages off you for the next time we visit.
did a ride last year from morillon to cham trying to avoid the main road. when this was suggested as a ride i thought it would be shit as i thought it would be really busy and we'd be on the main valley road to cham loads of the time.but there is a road that goes from side to side along the valley and its not a bad ride.avoided cluses by going up to les carroz then dropping back down into the valley,we stopped for coffee and cakes where the road heads up to plaine joux. it did look steep, there was one or two folk heading up to it they all seemed to have triple chain sets on tho.from there the road goes over the motorway to les houches.it looks nothing on the map but i was bending my cranks on 39 x 27.then it all down hill to cham,

SA Chris

• forum hero
#34 Re: meddonet
July 17, 2009, 04:07:41 pm
i presume this place is on the left as you head from cluses towards magland at the bottom of those big walls on the N 205.

Your presumption is correct. You park by the archery club and walk back towards Cluses. The boulders all look to have detatched from said big walls.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal