UKBouldering.com

Family holiday in the Pyrenees (Read 1136 times)

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
Family holiday in the Pyrenees
March 12, 2014, 12:37:35 pm
I've read various stuff about the climbing and bouldering in the Pyrenees, but wondered if any of you lot have ever done a family holiday in the area?

My wife and kids like easy routes, via ferratas, canyoning/gorge stuff, a bit of hill walking, swimming, wandering around olde worlde villages and towns...and lots of sunshine.

We're thinking of going last two weeks in July.

Might split one week in the mountains and one down on the coast (possibly go west to get some surf?).

Is there much else around Targassone apart from the bouldering?

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
#1 Re: Family holiday in the Pyrenees
March 12, 2014, 02:08:36 pm
Not been myself but been looking at heading that way in the van with the family for a month or so over the summer - found this site http://www.climbariege.co.uk/ which details a lot of the climbing in the area..

Looks ace!

:D

fried

• forum hero
#2 Re: Family holiday in the Pyrenees
March 12, 2014, 02:38:58 pm
I love Targassonne, but apart from bouldering and walking it's fairly quiet (which I like!), if you want some thing a bit more 'adventure' for the family you'd be better based in the Ariege which has a lot more developed in the way of climbing, canyoning, kayaking, rafting etc.

Targassonne does get a lot more sun though being on the sunny side of the mountains. But then again ariege doesn't have much in the way of bouldering. Look at the areas around Aulus-les-bains, Vicdessos, Auzat. I personally try to get away from the road that runs from Foix to Andorra when looking for places to stay.

However John Arran's place is nice and he knows plenty about the climbs in the area.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal