UKBouldering.com

winsome beta (Read 1467 times)

gardinrm

• menacing presence
winsome beta
March 11, 2014, 02:22:00 pm
Does anyone have any beta for winsome slab at wimberry? I've not tried it very much but was consistently getting to a similar place and then got stuck/confused. I pull on with left foot on obvious white pebble and rh using little pinch. Then I put right foot on a pebble out right and use 2 white pebbles which are right a bit to pull up and put left foot on a little broken pebble. From there I reach left hand across to a side pull and right hand in to to obvious side pull. This is awkward though as its a bit too central. With an awkward pull I can stand up and get my right foot to a high pebble. From here it feels almost possible to gurn up again, but reckon that would be hard for the grade. Ive never seen anyone climb it or seen a video. Any clues would be helpful. Cheers.

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#1 Re: winsome beta
March 11, 2014, 02:35:16 pm
Can't remember individual holds, but I think it's easier to escape left. The full tick goes up the middle, I think there's an obvious sidepull? Yes it's quite hard for the grade.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
#2 Re: winsome beta
March 11, 2014, 02:43:02 pm
I thought it hard for the grade too. In the end it was borrowing some stiff boots off Cofe (Whites I think) that got me up it. All I can remember is front pointing on pebbles.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal