UKBouldering.com

Shock my system (Read 1748 times)

gruffalo

• player
  • theres many ways to skin a cat....
Shock my system
January 07, 2014, 07:04:37 pm
The gash weather has got me down to the wall three times week, it's a Great Wall with a good turn around with the problems set. I've found after putting allot of time and effort and tea drinking...I've leveled out and don't seem to be getting stronger I know I need to do something based around training to kick start a new stimulus. There are shit loads of ideas flying around.Any previous experience out there that saw good benefits from a certain type of training. Thanks!

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#1 Re: Shock my system
January 07, 2014, 07:17:43 pm
I've heard elctroshock therapy will give your training the jolt it needs.

Muesli

• addict
#2 Re: Shock my system
January 07, 2014, 08:25:48 pm
How about a change of venue if there is one local. Even if your current wall is top notch and change of venue and setters might get the juices flowing again.

If there is nothing else local then find the section of your wall that you like the least and give it a thorough going over until you find beauty where previously there was none.

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#3 Re: Shock my system
January 07, 2014, 09:57:31 pm
Weight vest/belt?

Repetitive training can be dull as ditch water for some people and hard to motivate for.

Putting on enough weight, to make problems you know, difficult to complete; will be training without even thinking about it (6kg ish).

This might not go down too well, amongst the UKBs' hardcore training majority; but it's true.

Unfocused, but true.

Over the past six months or so, we've been watching some novices develop. They rapidly progressed through the circuits and then Plateau around the 6A mark. None were initially keen to "train" but found weighting up.... Fun(?).
A couple of weeks lead to a discernible jump in ability. Their skill improved, instinctively, as they had to think more about their balance. Strength definitely advanced/improved .

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal