UKBouldering.com

Being a bit of a fat bastard (Read 36275 times)

as646

#100 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 18, 2013, 10:16:23 am
5 feet 10,  10.6 stone (178cm 67Kg). Finger strength never an issue, PE and all-day effort is.

I hear counselling can do wonders for premature ejaculation.

(Really though, what is PE? Power-endurance?)

petejh

• forum hero
#101 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 18, 2013, 10:19:57 am
Pulmonary edema.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#102 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 18, 2013, 10:26:38 am
In my day it was Phys. Ed.

Durbs

• forum hero
#103 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 18, 2013, 11:02:27 am
By the by - in terms of rapid weight loss, I was actually quite impressed by the Insanity workout.

Even after the first period (5 weeks), i'd lost 2 inches from the waist, and almost, almost lost the spare tyre, although it was reduced to an inner tube.

Didn't eat that differently aside from maybe skipping some snacks as I was on a health binge.

The depressing thing is how quick it comes back when you stop doing any aerobic stuff and hit the festive drinks & cakes.

I started the T-25 plan, but it felt a bit tame after Insanity

Ti_pin_man

• obsessive maniac
  • sometimes you see things & curse, damnit no gun
#104 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 18, 2013, 11:34:43 am
I'm 6 foot (182cm) and 13 stone (82kg), 44 years old.  Wearing 30-31 inch jeans.

As a cyclist of 20 years I'd dispute the comment earlier than cyclists put fat on, they usually put leg muscle on and their bodys become coiled knots that are bloody hard to flex.  ;)  I'm pretty lean - down at 12% last time I worked it out (IIRC), my weight is basically in my legs. 

I quite fancy loosing about a half stone but wont give up cycling completely so am trying to go a little leaner, there is half a stone I can loose.  I'm cutting out the muesli and drinking leangreens instead for breakfast.  God my farts are gonna stick of rotten veg!   :sorry:

Zen

#105 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 01:50:36 pm
I'm 5'7" and 57kg and I eat so much shite it's quite unbelievable.

Pringle, anyone?

fried

• forum hero
#106 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 01:59:41 pm
I'm 6 foot (182cm) and 13 stone (82kg), 44 years old.  Wearing 30-31 inch jeans.

I think this shows the problem with a lot of BMI stuff. You're 7kg heavier than me but have a slimmer waist for the same height.

I do dress like a gangsta though.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#107 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 02:00:37 pm
I'm 5'7" and 57kg and I eat so much shite it's quite unbelievable.

Pringle, anyone?

Peephole Pringle?

I used to be like that until mid 30s.

Zen

#108 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 02:23:25 pm

Yeah, I'm 24 so bets are on as to how many years of fantastic metabolism I have left...

ianv

• forum abuser
#109 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 02:47:43 pm
Then : 1.8m and 55.6 kg
Now                    65 kg

Most of the difference is due to the fact I have some leg muscles now!

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#110 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 04:18:45 pm
Can all you skinny bastards go and find your own thread - this is strictly a fatty's zone.

If you're less than 70kgs every crimp must feel like your hanging off a bivi ledge!

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#111 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 04:21:36 pm

Yeah, I'm 24 so bets are on as to how many years of fantastic metabolism I have left...

It's in the post - by the time you hit 30 just looking at a cake will add an inch to your waist.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#112 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 06:49:27 pm
Try pastys... Even more effective. I should know,

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#113 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 07:09:25 pm
Can all you skinny bastards go and find your own thread - this is strictly a fatty's zone.

If you're less than 70kgs every crimp must feel like your hanging off a bivi ledge!

Hovering a mere 0.7kg above this at the moment and my body feels like it is craving food to get back up to 72 after upping the intensity outside in the last week whilst eating less. Hopefully won't get ill before Saturday so I can take advantage of the sending weight where everything feels a tad juggier!

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#114 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 08:11:14 pm

I second the motion!

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#115 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 08:25:52 pm
By the by - in terms of rapid weight loss, I was actually quite impressed by the Insanity workout.

Bizarrely I've lost around 6kg in around a month for no reason I can fathom other than stress at work. No material difference in my diet so as as I can tell.  The only change is timing -  lots of work means I'm generally not eating my lunch until around 5pm and my tea at around 9.30-10pm.  The work itself is largely driving and then clambering around sites - not sedentary but I wouldn't have thought it burns too many calories (I investigate fires rather than putting them out!).  Anyone know of any science to explain it - I always thought stress resulted in more fat deposition.  Bit worrying, though thankfully things seem to have stabilised - not as though I had much weight to lose (last two days, 58.9kg, 191cm, or 6'3", 9st4lb)

Oldmanmatt

• forum hero
  • At this rate, I probably won’t last the week.
  • Largely broken. Obsolete spares and scrap only.
    • The Boulder Bunker climbing centre
#116 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 08:55:44 pm

Bizarrely I've lost around 6kg in around a month for no reason I can fathom other than stress at work. No material difference in my diet so as as I can tell.  The only change is timing -  lots of work means I'm generally not eating my lunch until around 5pm and my tea at around 9.30-10pm.  The work itself is largely driving and then clambering around sites - not sedentary but I wouldn't have thought it burns too many calories (I investigate fires rather than putting them out!).  Anyone know of any science to explain it - I always thought stress resulted in more fat deposition.  Bit worrying, though thankfully things seem to have stabilised - not as though I had much weight to lose (last two days, 58.9kg, 191cm, or 6'3", 9st4lb)

I have a certain, paranoid, reaction to such information.

As a concerned fellow UKBer could I suggest you take a trip to the GP?

Better a wasted check-up than something missed.

Unexplained weight loss is always something to take note of.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#117 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 08:56:55 pm
70kg is still bloody light, minimum weight into fatty's club is 14 stone!

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
#118 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 08:57:44 pm

I have a certain, paranoid, reaction to such information.

As a concerned fellow UKBer could I suggest you take a trip to the GP?

Better a wasted check-up than something missed.

Unexplained weight loss is always something to take note of.
:agree: and especially when you've not much extra to lose.

tomtom

• forum hero
#119 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 09:27:22 pm
Stress has stopped me eating in the past - to the point where I would exist on lucozade and topic bars until late at night when I could trick my body into accepting a squareish meal...

But that was pretty extreme and it sounds like you're eating the same amount (at different times) and not really burning that much off more than before... as the others said - GP?

ianv

• forum abuser
#120 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 10:50:47 pm
Bizarrely I've lost around 6kg in around a month for no reason I can fathom other than stress at work.

Stress can burn a lot of calories, at one point something similar happened to me, I wouldn't worry. Or, you have a tapeworm  :2thumbsup:

SA Chris

• forum hero
#121 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 19, 2013, 11:15:00 pm
I have the same thing. I always lose a few pounds when going through a high stress period with no major changes to anything else. See NNFN from this time last year!

Bungle.

• player
#122 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 20, 2013, 06:57:41 am
Then : 1.8m and 55.6 kg
Now                    65 kg

Most of the difference is due to the fact I have some leg muscles now!

Ian I can't believe you ever weighed as much as 55.6 kg !

moose

• forum hero
  • Lankenstein's Monster
  • el flaco lento
#123 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 20, 2013, 08:17:01 am
Bizarrely I've lost around 6kg in around a month for no reason I can fathom other than stress at work.

Stress can burn a lot of calories, at one point something similar happened to me, I wouldn't worry. Or, you have a tapeworm  :2thumbsup:

The worrying thing is that the nearest I've had to a YYFY! this grit season came in my new lighter form.  Last weekend at Almscliff I finally managed a petty little project of mine (South Cave Traverse, low break only eliminate, no real idea of grade - solid F7b?).  I'd been trying it on and off since last year and last weekend it felt a piece of piss..... My Venn diagram of "mental well-being" and "physical health" is a bit tragic at the moment!

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#124 Re: Being a bit of a fat bastard
December 20, 2013, 10:04:29 am
I'd agree with the others and go see a doc, it can't be good for you weighing sub 60 at 6"3! I recall having food poisoning a couple of summers back and going on a trip at 67kg and it felt horrendous for the first few days before my constant gorging pushed it back up slightly! Do you not feel too light headed to pull hard?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal