UKBouldering.com

Those duvet slipper/shoe jobbies (Read 3187 times)

Durbs

• forum hero
Those duvet slipper/shoe jobbies
November 27, 2013, 03:38:44 pm
In an attempt to reduce the amount of cold-induced moaning, I was thinking of getting the better half a pair of those North Face Duvet Shoes. I've yet to see any in-the-flesh, so was wondering whether they're actually practical feet-warmers to wear whilst spotting/resting or whether they're glorified indoor slippers.

The websites seem to mention actually having grip on the sole, but i wonder if they're more for serious alpine tent wear as opposed to spotting lower tier at roaches...

Dolly

• forum hero
#1 Re: Those duvet slipper/shoe jobbies
November 27, 2013, 03:47:39 pm
They'd be no good outside. They barely last more than a year or so inside on our wooden/tile floors but you might be better than that if you have carpets.
They are very warm though - I sometimes borrow them

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#2 Re: Those duvet slipper/shoe jobbies
November 27, 2013, 04:19:48 pm
Agree, better spend the cash on a wooly pair or sorrell snowboots, or moonboots. At least she'll look good.

tomtom

• forum hero
#3 Those duvet slipper/shoe jobbies
November 27, 2013, 05:54:40 pm
Go to Decathlon and get a pair of their furry lined (removable) snow welly things.. Brilliant crag shoes - easy to slip on and off - great for tromping through the marshy bits - super warm and £10.

They may not go with my ripped faded light blue ron hills (white detailing) - but I have warm feet...

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 06:12:09 pm by tomtom »

unclesomebody

• forum hero
  • 1-5-NEIN!
  • more business, less party.
#4 Re: Those duvet slipper/shoe jobbies
November 27, 2013, 07:21:13 pm
In an attempt to reduce the amount of cold-induced moaning, I was thinking of getting the better half a pair of those North Face Duvet Shoes. I've yet to see any in-the-flesh, so was wondering whether they're actually practical feet-warmers to wear whilst spotting/resting or whether they're glorified indoor slippers.

The websites seem to mention actually having grip on the sole, but i wonder if they're more for serious alpine tent wear as opposed to spotting lower tier at roaches...

Having taken a pair around the world, and worn then for walking around a lot of places, I can say that they will be fine outdoors. There are (at least) 2 versions, which is why I think some people are confused. There is the tent mule and the traction mule. The traction mule has a proper sole which is fine for walking on wet ground.

I got mine for about £25 in a sale but can't remember the shop. Sorry.

Durbs

• forum hero
#5 Re: Those duvet slipper/shoe jobbies
November 28, 2013, 11:02:23 am
Thank you!
 :beer2:

Good spot on the Tent vs. Traction.Also, thanks for the wooly Decathlon tip - will come down to Xmas budget I think

galpinos

• forum hero
#6 Re: Those duvet slipper/shoe jobbies
November 28, 2013, 11:45:17 am
I have both the Weazy Boots tomtom mentions and a pair of down booties (as does my wife, matching him and hers).

The Weazy boots are the mutt’s nuts in Winter. Doesn’t matter what you stand in (wet peat for most peak based spotting duties), your feet are dry and warm.

The down booties I have are cheap MEC own brand aimed as alpine hut/tent use. The sole is pretty thin/useless for outdoors but they get used in the camper van in winter a lot. They’d be shit for spotting outdoors as I’d be worried about standing in something I shouldn’t instead of spotting. They also get pretty stinky and are awkward to wash as they are down! (Stinky-ness is feet dependant but it’s happed to both me and my wife and her feet smell of roses…..)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal