UKBouldering.com

August Euro sport Trip?? Ceuse / Tarn (Read 3242 times)

groovedog

• addict
August Euro sport Trip?? Ceuse / Tarn
June 25, 2013, 04:56:46 pm
Trying to sort out a euro sport trip mid Summer. Current partners have either not enough holiday or keen to do a trip in the Autumn which I can't do. Starting to fear my next holiday will be next year at this rate!

Thinking August - Ceuse and or Gorges du Tarn. I'm keen for F7a-7C but happy to belay on whatever routes / sectors people want to climb.

Anyone keen?

Ian
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 05:03:18 pm by groovedog »

rosmat

• menacing presence
#1 Re: August Euro sport Trip??
June 25, 2013, 05:00:44 pm
I'll be in or around Ceuse thoughout August and happy to hook up for a belay etc.

James Malloch

• forum hero
#2 Re: August Euro sport Trip??
June 25, 2013, 05:03:35 pm
I'm also in Ceuse from late July to early Sept, just planning to meet people out there to climb with but if either of you want to take my number, 07821493947, feel free to drop me a text!

rosmat

• menacing presence
Cheers James - Will do mate.

James Malloch

• forum hero
Cool! Will be there sometime on 29th July.

groovedog

• addict
Cheers both for the offer.

I'm kind of hoping to share the drive from the UK, both money and bordem!  but if I can't find anyone I will probably take the hit and try and meet up with yourselves out there. Cheers Ian

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
Tarn would be way too hot in August. Ceuse a much better bet.

groovedog

• addict

Fear you could be right about the tarn, but when is the best time there? I find the weather can be quite fickle.

Everytime i've been at Easter its been quite wet. Perhaps its more a May June Sept Oct time is best?

My thoughts were in August it should be dry and there will be some shade at least somewhere.

Bonjoy

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Leafy gent
I've only been once, that was at the end of May. Conditions were already hot but it was ok in the shade.

TobyD

• forum hero
  • Job offers gratefully accepted
I've only been once, that was at the end of May. Conditions were already hot but it was ok in the shade.
I've climbed up to 8a ok there in August, and wasn't getting up super early for conditions either - it was pretty hot admittedly, but really not that bad.
Trying to sort out a euro sport trip mid Summer. Current partners have either not enough holiday or keen to do a trip in the Autumn which I can't do. Starting to fear my next holiday will be next year at this rate!

Thinking August - Ceuse and or Gorges du Tarn. I'm keen for F7a-7C but happy to belay on whatever routes / sectors people want to climb.

Anyone keen?

Ian

I have a week off in August and no current plan, and keen for some euro sport.

T_B

• forum hero

Fear you could be right about the tarn, but when is the best time there? I find the weather can be quite fickle.

Everytime i've been at Easter its been quite wet. Perhaps its more a May June Sept Oct time is best?

My thoughts were in August it should be dry and there will be some shade at least somewhere.

What TobyD said. I've only been to Tarn once, in the last two weeks of August. The last week was very quiet with campsites winding down. Some of the sectors by the road that get sun all day are basically out, but there are plenty of routes in the shade. It's nice to chill by the river in the middle of the day. It didn't stop me redpointing (albeit early morning, when the route was in the shade) and on-sighting at my limit. Generally speaking, the holds are big and the rock is quite rough. I don't mind the heat so long as I'm not in the full sun. I'd go back there again at that time of year for sure. If you're trying to hook up with partners it could be hard though with Ceuse being a way better bet. No queues!

RossH

Anyone keen?

Ian

I have a week off in August and no current plan, and keen for some euro sport.

I'm driving out from the UK to the south of France at the start of August. I don't currently have a partner lined up for the first 2 weeks so I was going to head to Ceuse for ease of cadging a belay but I'm more keen for Gorge du Tarn - get in touch if you want someone to climb with then or to share transport.  :wave:

rosmat

• menacing presence
I'll be driving out from Edinburgh around the 1st August - might be able to share a car if it fits with anyone.

abarro81

• forum hero
Thread hijack - thought this would be a good place to ask... Anyone driving out to Ceuse imminently (like next weekend??)? Change of plans for later in the year = potentially free to go on a little trip now but partnerless and ideally keen to avoid solo car rental..

psychomansam

• forum hero
If you (or anyone) wants a partner who climbs in the 6's, or wants someone to share some fuel with, drop me a line. I've got a separate thread as well.

Skint, weak and eager!

:punk:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal