UKBouldering.com

[South Lakes][Fairy Steps][Ashtray Verse][7c] (Read 2120 times)

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Another one on the Ash Tree Wall section.

Sitstart at the flake/crack and traverse right beneath jugs. Get LH into the Ash Tree Wall undercut (crux) and finish up this. FA Polish Dave.

andy_e

• forum hero
Nice. Next new problem name for this wall should now be this:

Greg C

• forum hero
Pretty sure this and possibly Bone Machine were done by Gaskins, just awaiting his reply. I remember him telling me he did at least two traverses and possibly some other up variants.

A word of caution when reporting new stuff at Fairy Steps: the guide is old and even at the time it was missing a number of things. This is one of Gaskins' favourite crags and he climbed here very extensively. Before I climbed Mook Squad I specifically asked him about it and he verified that he had not climbed it.

In future, it might be worth people double checking before putting stuff up on here, Facebook etc. I realise it's perhaps partly my fault for not re-doing the Fairy Steps guide, thus the area isn't as up to date in terms of history and the recording of lines as most other LakesBloc covered venues.

Cheers, Greg

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
Fair enough. Sure Dave won't mind.

Quite a nice problem this, harder than Dave makes it look.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
Would you be happy for people to e-mail you at LakesBloc, Greg?  May avoid future confusion.

Greg C

• forum hero
I always am and rarely don't reply to emails... bar the surprisingly frequent occasions when someone asks me to plan out their climbing holiday to the Lakes without even a please or thank you.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal