UKBouldering.com

Short sessions for the time restricted ones (Read 2363 times)

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
In my attempt not to become a fat bastard, and to retain some kind of power, I'm trying to squeeze very short but intense sessions in between work.
I've developed a couple of sessions that so far have proven productive. A fingerboard session and a system session. The aim is to get a high intensity workout that is also multi-comprehensive (does this word make any sense?).
I thought I'd share them, in case anyone is interested.

I warm up with the infamous Bodyblade, that is very helpful to get a muscular warm up.
Then some deadhangs with some gentle pulling.
Then the specific warm up, on the fingerboard or on the wall depending on the session.

Fingerboard session. One arm dead hangs.
I do one max hang LH, then one max hang RH. Little rest, repeat. Change hold.
Holds:
Back3 good rung, front3 open right eye, incut rung. This is one cycle. I do two cycles or one and half (half means only one hang per hold instead of two).
Between holds I do front lever pulls.
I finish off with one or two sets of finger pulls on the good rung.

System session. Lock offs, pulls, core.
Two good holds, one bad foot. Pull and reach a distant hold without cutting loose. Hold the position. Change side. Repeat. That is one set. I do 5 sets.
Two underclings, bad feet. Pull and reach a distant hold, cut loose gently and one armer the hold with some help from the undercling (doesn't help much...).
To spice things up, sometimes I use only one foot for the underclings move. Either opposite side or same side foot (hard).

Both sessions are well within 45 minutes, warm up and rest times included. No warm down, no shower. Straight to work with a suit and a grin.
Hope this helps.

Dexter

• obsessive maniac
maybe a bit of stringing a few more dynamic moves together too? Seems to be all very static at the minute. I guess it would have to be done when properly warmed up though.
And maybe some cutloose moves if you're that way inclined

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
The first system excercise is static only when holding the position, the pull has to be dynamic because it feels hard!
Same with the underclings, the reach is quite dynamic, then I cut loose and one armer the hold (or I try to... :boohoo:).
I wanted to film it but had no time.

Bear in mind that it's all just to try and train a little bit! Thanks for the input!

Nibile

• forum hero
    • TOTOLORE
Here you go, this one is a bit more serious.

tomtom

• forum hero
Can I add Nai's core work out.. 1 min front plank, followed immediately by 1m left side plank, 1 min right. 1 min rest and repeat. Until you feel like you're about to vomit (my usual feeling!)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Can I add Nai's core work out.. 1 min front plank, followed immediately by 1m left side plank, 1 min right. 1 min rest and repeat. Until you feel like you're about to vomit (my usual feeling!)

Eh what?

My current core session adds one minute dish and then 25 pressups (30 if wide grip)  ;)

then rest, then repeat.

And the initial plank is alternating supermans & spidermans too, 10s on each side, switching throughout the minute

tomtom

• forum hero
;) you forgot to add while driving... :)

Dexter

• obsessive maniac
may I suggest some malc smith style front on training like so

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal