UKBouldering.com

Wanted: kids shoes size 10/11ish (eu28/29) (Read 2397 times)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Wanted: kids shoes size 10/11ish (eu28/29)
March 10, 2013, 03:41:59 pm
Nipper's pestering for a pair of proper shoes for this year's font holiday and beyond.

While I consider shelling out full price, anyone got a grown-out-of-pair they're looking to get shot of?

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
if you can stretch to a 30 with socks these are on offer...
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/vuarde-vulca-jr-id_5548320.html

not sure if they are stopping doing them, shame if they are

lurcher

• regular
I've got a few pairs of those blue decathlon ones which i was going to put up for sale at some point.   Maybe a bit big for now- size 13 (20cm length) but maybe for next year!.

Got 2 pairs those both in good nick and also a pair of hardly used size 1

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
if you can stretch to a 30 with socks these are on offer...
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/vuarde-vulca-jr-id_5548320.html

not sure if they are stopping doing them, shame if they are

Looked at them earlier, it looks like they are stopping doing them, not showing available from Sheffield and I don't recall seeing any climbing gear in there when I was last in the store.  Are they stopping doing climbing altogether?  Wouldn't surprise me, it must generate limited income for the amount of shelf space it occupies and clothing would have a much higher profit margin.

She's only a 9.5 so 2 sizes up probably is too big without trying them first, it'd be nice of she got into climbing so I'd rather not put her off with footwear she can't trust.

I've got a few pairs of those blue decathlon ones which i was going to put up for sale at some point.   Maybe a bit big for now- size 13 (20cm length) but maybe for next year!.

Got 2 pairs those both in good nick and also a pair of hardly used size 1

Be ideal if they were the right size, but too big for now I'm afraid

ianv

• forum abuser
 Those blue Simond shoes are great, maybe check if they are still available on decathlon.Fr and buy them in France.

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
good idea, only sizes 30 & 31 available though. Curiouser and curiouser...

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
As of now, two pairs of 28/uk10 left in Sheffield Decathlon, reduced to £15. One pair of uk2.5 and that's it.
Model is being discontinued. Still seem to be doing other climbing stuff though.

Dolly

• forum hero
How about a pair of black plimsolls ?
Or doesn't that do it really ?

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
Cheers Obi-Wan. Will try to get there after school tonight.

Dolly, did that last year, she really really neeeeeeds proper shoes this year apparently.

Dolly

• forum hero
And so it begins :)

nai

• forum hero
  • In my dreams
As of now, two pairs of 28/uk10 left in Sheffield Decathlon, reduced to £15. One pair of uk2.5 and that's it.
Model is being discontinued. Still seem to be doing other climbing stuff though.

Went down tonight, no way the size 10s were going on size 9.5 feet though. Fortunately they had the green/grey ones in for £20 so got a pair of 11.5s. Fit was ok with big elastic sections on the upper which in theory allows growing room.  Or they'll just sag really badly, really quickly and not stay on her feet.

Cheers for all the help, offers and suggestions.  Much appreciated as always

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
we've got loads of used shoes at the heeley hang thing next saturday (23rd), if you're sheffield based - there's quite a few of the blue velcro ones in kids sizes, and some other random styles, also kids sizes - pop down if you still need some, I'm sure you could have a pair, and have a climb too of course  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal