UKBouldering.com

Eurosport 15th-22nd Feb anyone fancy it ? or any teams I can tag on to ? (Read 4878 times)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Have to be back by Fri 22nd but can leave earlier than the 15th.

Open to ideas with reliable weather / conditions. There's some interesting new crags in Sardinia. Siurana could be good. Or French Italian border (Castillion/Oltrafinale) or Chorro, or Osp. or Sicily....

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
C'mon.

Don't make me advertise on UKC

tomtom

• forum hero
If we leave before the 15th, will you take me out to dinner and buy me chocolates & flowers? ;)

petejh

• forum hero
I'd be up for Ueshchen:

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
If we leave before the 15th, will you take me out to dinner and buy me chocolates & flowers? ;)

In your dreams

tomtom

• forum hero

In your dreams

And they'd better not be from the 24 hour garage...

petejh

• forum hero
Que?

Was being flippant. 'Eurosport'. It's winter. I'm going bolt clipping to Ueschenan.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Get serious and get involved with UKC L&P, don't let social concerns get in the way of crushing.

Stubbs

I'd rather have a week of holiday at home going to the wall rather than partner up with some random from UKC!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
I've had great trips to Tenerife, Malta, Sicily and Morocco with randoms off UKC in the last few years.

I'd rather have another week of great climbing in amazing and diverse locations with people I usually get on with well and even if I don't we're there to climb so I just STFU and get on with enjoying that than avoid UKC partners and miss out for.....the sake of principle?....or some unknown reason?

AJM

• obsessive maniac
I'd rather have a week of holiday at home going to the wall rather than partner up with some random from UKC!

Whilst its hardly the fashionable view here, from the look of things, I've climbed with probably two dozen folk off UKC in the past (admittedly not for a holiday away except if they were friends of friends) and can only really think of one that I wouldn't want to climb with again. And as Fiend has said, if you'd rather be stuck at home than out climbing, that's up to you I guess.....

Stubbs

I get five weeks holiday a year: I'd rather stay at home, chill, train and get out on some of the best bouldering in the world  with good friends  (that's why I live in Yorkshire after all) than risk 20% of my holiday and some cash on a trip with people I didn't know. but that's just me, I guess I am risk averse, perhaps that's why  boulder!

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
I'd rather have another week of great climbing in amazing and diverse locations with people I usually get on with well and even if I don't we're there to climb so I just STFU and get on with enjoying that than avoid UKC partners and miss out for.....the sake of principle?....or some unknown reason?

I don't think its a principle, at least it wouldn't be for me.

I spend virtually zero time on UKC these days, and therefore have no "presence" there myself.  Similarly I'm not familiar with other posters, I've no idea who they are.  Whilst I spend a fraction more than zero time here on UKB.  I've met quite a few people and even for those I haven't I've got a better gauge as to whether I'd want to go away with some of the regulars than regulars over on UKC.

@Stubbs : Get over your risk aversion and go sports climbing with shark.

tomtom

• forum hero
Shark, couldn't you just go to Chorro (or a.n.other Euro sports crag) with a fingerboard/wedge/Beastmaker, hang it from the rock and train for a week? ;)

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
I've got plenty of partners from UKC 6/7 year ago when I went through a trad phase but that was typically for a day rather than sharing a week together. When I think about it some of my best trips were when I turned up alone. First trip to Buoux and Boulder being particularly memorable. But they were longer than a week.

I was hoping UKB would deliver. Looks like I will be camping at Malham with Zippy at this rate.

andy_e

• forum hero

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1
Sorted. 13th-21st flying from East Mids to Malaga £130 all in. Train to El chorro. Booked to stay at the Olive Branch. Hopefully climb with biscuit for a few days. Any other takers let me know !

nik at work

• forum hero
Awww, I was planning on tempting him up to Costa Blanca for a couple of days that week to disrupt my family holiday.

Ti_pin_man

• obsessive maniac
  • sometimes you see things & curse, damnit no gun
girls... just get a room please and stop with this cat and mouse, you know you want to   :shag:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal