UKBouldering.com

Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff (Read 10748 times)

rich d

• forum hero
#25 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
January 12, 2013, 11:15:58 am
We were thinking about not going down the pro route, but decided to in the end. They were not intrusive and we deliberately didn't go for too many posed photos - but had a list of the ones we wanted. We got some great photos and an amazing album that was definately worth the money. They photographed the wedding but not the reception. We put disposable cameras on the tables (obviously they matched the colour scheme) and got loads of stupid/rude and funny photos that pretty much summed up our reception.
My best man rounded up everyone for the required photos which went smoothly and more importantly quickly. It helped that there were only 50 of us there and that we were all drinking champagne out of small bottles with a straw.
The posey ones of me and Lyns were taken as the guests went to the reception venue on the coach and this meant that they were in the bar/garden as we turned up and again weren't left waiting.

webbo

• forum hero
#26 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
January 12, 2013, 02:54:42 pm
Tom
There is a guy who climbs at Rockcity who is a wedding photographer, I think he climbs with the East Yorks mountaineering lot. Offer to teach him how to climb for a discount.

tj

• regular
#27 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
January 12, 2013, 05:51:56 pm
I can recommend Victor @ victor@pavonphotography.co.uk. He did the photos for a mate's wedding and then again for ours. He was £500 18 months ago, so very good value, but his shots much better than the price suggests, honest. He got some good informal shots (which was one of the reasons we used him) and was pretty relaxed. Some wedding photographers seem to forget who's day it is, from what I've seen. I agree with previous comments about the technical ineptitude of some wedding photographers too.

Music-wise, can also recommend the (appalingly-named!) Good Vibes Collective. http://goodvibescollective.com/ (the websites a bit cheesy too!). Again, I wouldn't let that put you off, they did our wedding and another mates- good band and nice folk to deal with. Not mega-cheap, but the music was quite important to me. You can go nuts and have about 9 of 'em IIRC  ;) They were also happy to play a set-list of our choice, too.

Have a good one!

gingerninja

• menacing presence
#28 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 11:21:19 am
thanks percy b and fatdoc for the props. www.dr-photography.co.uk is my site.
let me know what you are after and i can sort you out a really good price for some quality photography.
can even get you climbing like percy and lu's pics hehe.

tomtom

• forum hero
#29 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 11:45:53 am
thanks percy b and fatdoc for the props. www.dr-photography.co.uk is my site.
let me know what you are after and i can sort you out a really good price for some quality photography.
can even get you climbing like percy and lu's pics hehe.

Sorry - we've got the Photographer sorted out now... A fella who was on the same wing as Daves mate in prison.... ;) Thanks for getting in touch though.

Just got to sack the caterer today...

andy_e

• forum hero
#30 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 11:47:33 am
I bet your wife-to-be is glad you're not going to be getting married underneath the Keel any more.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#31 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 11:50:44 am
Have to find something else to do on the morning before the wedding now.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#32 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 11:59:35 am
Nothing wrong with go climbing on your wedding day....

I'll toast to that by slack---line, on Flickr

tomtom

• forum hero
#33 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 12:13:42 pm
I bet your wife-to-be is glad you're not going to be getting married underneath the Keel any more.

They've never met (the Cliff is the other lady in my life... ;) )

Have to find something else to do on the morning before the wedding now.

Drive round the kebab van?

Nothing wrong with go climbing on your wedding day....

If there was anywhere within range I might! The best bit of being the groom is that you just have to turn up 1/2 hour before and say yes a couple of times... I had to ban wedding talk yesterday... it was getting unbearable and monosyballic grunts were'nt getting the message across..

Paul B

• forum hero
#34 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 12:46:40 pm
Sorry - we've got the Photographer sorted out now... A fella who was on the same wing as Daves mate in prison.... ;) Thanks for getting in touch though.

Just got to sack the caterer today...

We keep sitting down with a bottle of red to try and pick a Vegas wedding chapel. It usually just ends in hysterics and more and more outrageous styles of wedding.

SA Chris

• forum hero
#35 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 02:05:57 pm
That's the way to do it. Wish we had done the same when we were there, just got hammered and staggered into the nearest one. Missed the window now though.

Yossarian

• forum hero
#36 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 03:21:38 pm
Many congrats!

Re photography - we did it all ourselves, with a little bit of help from a couple of photo-savvy guests.  We ended up with exactly what we wanted, everyone was happy, etc, etc.

It wasn't really a cost-saving exercise. More a case of not wanting someone else's style screwing it all up.

(The fact that I've only recently finished finalising the reception ones is neither here not there...)

SA Chris

• forum hero
#37 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 03:34:15 pm
Yossarian, Yossarian. Yes I do vaguely remember that name.

galpinos

• forum hero
#38 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 04:08:37 pm
Congratulations TomTom.

Whatever anyone says and despite a bit of hassle getting it all sorted, it's a brilliant day and totally worth it.

tomtom

• forum hero
#39 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 05:11:25 pm
Congratulations TomTom.

Whatever anyone says and despite a bit of hassle getting it all sorted, it's a brilliant day and totally worth it.

:) Spent the afternoon email arguing with our now fired caterer about how much we dont owe them.. slippery f*ckers.. At this rate it might not be that much cheaper with caterersII - but there will be twice the Booze :) and whatever we want :)

T_B

• forum hero
#40 Re: Aaaaarrghhh.. Wedding stuff
February 11, 2013, 06:17:21 pm

If I wasn't running of to Vegas to avoid this whole ordeal (if you think of it as a trip/wedding/honeymoon in one then the cost looks rather favourable) then I'd have been looking at using Alex Messenger (that or press-ganging Cofe/Johnny). I was impressed by his wedding shots of Sam and Lu's wedding and the rates seemed favourable. He was keen to pass on a decent number (not the whole lot) of processed images with which you could print yourself (I mean at somewhere professional). As I said, Sam and Lu's book looked great to me.

We used Alex. Safe to say, we have some incredible photos. Plenty of people who don't know him as a climbing photographer were blown away.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal