UKBouldering.com

UKB Power Club Week 128 Mon 23th - Sun 29th July (Read 13532 times)

Duncan Disorderly

• Administrator
  • forum abuser
  • Stealth Punter
:tease:
STG: Get into good habits of van buying, buy a van and get lots of full days out.

MTG: Regain some recently lost climbing fitness; buy a van, climb near to limit..... Anyfuckingwhere!

LTG: Attain consistent low milage van; don't lose thousands of pounds.

M: Look for a van and go surfing.
T: Look for a van and go surfing and bouldering @ Northcott.
W: Look for a van and go surfing.
T:  Look for a van and go bouldering @ the sweatbox formerly known as The Works.
F: Go look at a van - almost get convinced to buy it... Go with gut instinct and jump in teh car while they're not looking.
S: Short session at Burbagge. Go look at another van with 30K extra on the clock - realise I dodged a bullet the day before - go gut!
S: Look for a van and have 1 hr board session... Not bad...

Been a bit preocupied this last couple of week looking for this bloody van - think I've sourced one now (fingers x'd - going to London to see it on Thursday) so will get back on the horse (until the conversion starts that is). Actually did more climbing than I thought and surfed a few nice waves down in Bude...

This week: Board, Tor, Works, Van....

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
Too funny you van-obssessed choad  :tease:

rich d

• forum hero
Now that I've turned 40 decided to get a bit more structured been training quite well for an old punter so going to use power club to push on.
Week goals - 4 training sessions weight below 83kg, no alcohol until Saturday.
Month goals font6c on grit
October goal font7a on grit weight to 78kg
Christmas consistant on font 7a

Poor start to the week, Monday didn't have the kids (nice surprise) so ended up going to the pub with the wife and getting a chineses after. Felt like death yesterday so managed to only do some one legged squats progression and ankle strengthening stuff only. Revised weekly goal - no alcohol for the rest of the week, can still get 4 good sessions in though. (sorry to bore everyone with punterish updates)

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber
Poor start to the week, Monday didn't have the kids (nice surprise) so ended up going to the pub with the wife and getting a chineses after.

I end up doing the exact same thing when we don't have the kids.  I always think it's funny that having kids has actually helped me be more consistant with training.  Unfortunately, it doesn't apply to actually getting on rock :-\

Dr T

• forum hero
Poor start to the week, Monday didn't have the kids (nice surprise) so ended up going to the pub with the wife and getting a chineses after.

I end up doing the exact same thing when we don't have the kids.  I always think it's funny that having kids has actually helped me be more consistant with training.  Unfortunately, it doesn't apply to actually getting on rock :-\

Truth that....

shark

• Administrator
  • forum hero
  • insect overlord #1

Truth that....

Hey don't go busting the myth that us family men would be climbing at least two grades if it wasn't for family commitments.  :boohoo:

Dr T

• forum hero

Truth that....

Hey don't go busting the myth that us family men would be climbing at least two grades if it wasn't for family commitments.  :boohoo:

I think I'm climbing at least a grade harder cause of Jr T - I take the time I get to actually train and train intensely (on the board or beastmaker) rather than spend all night thrash around on one or two problems with the likely lads

rich d

• forum hero

Truth that....

I think I'm climbing at least a grade harder cause of Jr T - I take the time I get to actually train and train intensely (on the board or beastmaker) rather than spend all night thrash around on one or two problems with the likely lads
I definately use the time more wisely when training, the problem is getting time on rock - it's often just a quick couple of hours squeezed in, I really miss having a whole day climbing. This does mean that I tend to not warm up properly, not rest properly and trash myself when on rock. Still weirdly I enjoy the beastmaker even if my elbows don't. It does make any time I spend on rock precious, and means that even training feels like special time.

Sasquatch

• forum hero
  • www.akclimber.com
    • AkClimber

Truth that....

I definately use the time more wisely when training, the problem is getting time on rock - it's often just a quick couple of hours squeezed in, I really miss having a whole day climbing. This does mean that I tend to not warm up properly, not rest properly and trash myself when on rock. Still weirdly I enjoy the beastmaker even if my elbows don't. It does make any time I spend on rock precious, and means that even training feels like special time.

Wow - Agreement    :-\  How'd that happen.

The bolded part sucks and I have the same problem......

Dr T

• forum hero

Wow - Agreement    :-\  How'd that happen.

The bolded part sucks and I have the same problem......

I think we're all singing from the same hymn sheet here!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal