UKBouldering.com

yorkshire grit (Read 3237 times)

tom

yorkshire grit
April 01, 2004, 01:32:03 pm
i'm off to stay at a mates in dewsbury to try and sample some of the yorkshire grit, but i don't think we're going to have transport does anyone know if it's possible to get to some of the area's on the bus, especially armscliff, early crag or caley ( i need to get my stick it ticks in ) any info apeciated.
 i 'm trying to to get out of wales before the hordes arrive :lol:

Rory

#1 yorkshire grit
April 01, 2004, 01:38:44 pm
Tom lets face it - whos gonna want to bouldering on the grit when its warm and sweety! Better off doing some work!

LJ

• addict
#2 yorkshire grit
April 01, 2004, 01:50:44 pm
Alright Tom, not quite sure where Dewsbury is1 But... you can get the train out to Ilkley, and near Almscliff (to within half an hours walk), and there are buses that run out to Caley. Forget everywhere else just go to Caley, it truly is the business!

If you come up our way, give me or Adam a ring would be happy to give you the tour, be good to see if you can still hack i8t on the grit, you've been in Wales far too long! So long as you promise not to piss all over me on my home patch like in the BUSA!  :wink:

tom

#3 yorkshire grit
April 01, 2004, 01:55:41 pm
i thought you guys would be back in sheff for easter, i'm thinking of coming up towards the end of next week so i'll give adam a ring when i get close. if you guys want to come up to wales before that we've got an empty house and a new guide to play with, see ya soon
tom

LJ

• addict
#4 yorkshire grit
April 01, 2004, 02:31:02 pm
Unfortunately i have an extremely long piss borin dissertation to write that is keeping me here! Would love to come back and whoop ure sorry ass on your home turf  :wink: , but dont reckon ill have the time, am really far behing with it. But April 29th will be a glorious day, after which i can relax, mayb up for coming down after that, what dya reckon?

squeek

• junky
#5 yorkshire grit
April 01, 2004, 03:08:07 pm
I don't know from dewsbury, but I would have thought there would be a pretty regular bus service inbetween Colne/Burnley and Harrogate/Skipton which stops at Cowling, then Earl is just a walk up
the hill.

Big Frank

• forum abuser
#6 yorkshire grit
April 01, 2004, 03:13:14 pm
Get a bus to Leeds then.

Almscliff (not armscliff) is the no 36 to harrogate, get off at huby and walk the last mile or two.

Caley, get the bus to Otley, get off as the bus drops down the chevin.

Ilkley, get the train from leeds, walk the last mile or two.

Brimham, stay on the 36 to Harrogate, change onto the Pateley bus get off at Summerbridge, long up hill walk to Brimham.

Earl, no fucking chance!

Big Frank

• forum abuser
#7 yorkshire grit
April 01, 2004, 03:21:57 pm
Quote from: "squeek"
I don't know from dewsbury, but I would have thought there would be a pretty regular bus service inbetween Colne/Burnley and Harrogate/Skipton which stops at Cowling, then Earl is just a walk up
the hill.

There is not a bus Harrogate to Skipton, unbelievable!
Bus to Grassington via Patley then onto Skipton. OR Bus to otley then onto skipton via Ilkley.

FUCK i CANT BELIEVE I'M SAT HERE TALKING ABOUT FECKIN BUS ROUTES. BACK TO RT FOR MODERN CLIMBING AND ESSENTIAL LISTS........................TWATS!

Dutch Master Killa

• regular
#8 yorkshire grit
April 01, 2004, 04:31:30 pm
Word tom- it's Adam by the way.  I think best way will be to get a bus into leeds and then a bus or train from leeds to ilkley or caley.  Just call me when you're thinking about coming up and me and laurie will take you on the tour while you dick on us :oops:  You should piss most of stick it ticks and like laurie said- caley is the bomb :D

tom

#9 yorkshire grit
April 03, 2004, 01:12:26 pm
cheers for the info guys, though i wouldn't expect too much have quit bouldering in favour of routes for the last few weeks so i'm probably getting weaker by the minute. Did flashdance in the slate quarries on tuesday for my first E5 tick so feeling suitable smug.
catch ya later

tom

#10 yorkshire grit
April 03, 2004, 01:16:44 pm
i don't about coming over at the end of april cos my exams start then, and i'll be forced to come out climbing instead of revising, but i'm staying here over the summer so could easily sort something out then

LJ

• addict
#11 yorkshire grit
April 03, 2004, 05:11:33 pm
Good effort on the E5 there buddy, altho whats all this slate stuff anyways!? :wink:  Im pretty sure you said you were piss weak before BUSA and look what happenned there eh! Fair enough about exams i should be doing work for them as well i guess, but well psyched for some summer action down there

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal