UKBouldering.com

Starting position for Arabald 7B - Chironico (Read 2252 times)

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing
Starting position for Arabald 7B - Chironico
December 14, 2011, 01:32:00 pm
Just in Swizzy atm, and spent a wet and soggy morning on Arabald - 7B in Nivo Bassa

I was starting on a low left hand gaston and a higher crimp to go straight up to a big (but good) sloper rail and then blast straight up as you do for Garibald (which is what the picture looks like in the book)

But when we looked for a video of it, the chap starts way further right and moves left into the boulder problem.

Any ideas?

I start just below where his foot is in the preview.

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing
We have come to the conclusion that he is actually doing Super Otti 7B+ and the video is mistitled.

Doylo

• forum hero
That problem isn't in the book i've got. Its an obvious link up though, we coined it The Lonliness of Arabald and thought about 7c. Arabald is pretty obvious staright up. Never heard of Super Otti but sounds like that's what they've called it. Quite a fun overhang. I take it it's raining there?  ;)

Baldy

• obsessive maniac
  • Low Bawler
    • CBclimbing
Snowing then melting - to give the same effect.

Cresciano is dry though, so I will be heading back over there tomorrow.

Harry spotter aint half hard though... I fell off that a bunch today and opened up the back of my knuckles

Any ideas for good 7B/+s there? (soft preferably  ;D )

Moo

• forum hero
  • Is an idiot
that rising traverse on crimps just round to the left of Harry spotter starts on a massive jug

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal