UKBouldering.com

Balls to the All Blacks - the Rugby Thread (Read 16359 times)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
Balls to the All Blacks - the Rugby Thread
September 09, 2011, 11:23:33 am
What's going to happen down under.

Are the AB's going to choke in the semis again?

Will England fluke their way to a 3rd successive final?

Will Scotland be humiliated by Georgia and Romania?

galpinos

• forum hero

First game gone and the ABs haven't choked just yet. They did leak a try and the Tongans did seem to make a good show of it in the second half.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
Tonga won the haka though.

And yes Scotland will likely be humiliated. And hopefully boks too.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
  • High Rocks? Best crag in the country mate.....
    • John Horscroft - Writer
Argentina just as tough a nut to crack as I thought they'd be - at least England have had a proper workout  :boxing:

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
We were very lucky that Dominguez' kicking was as atrocious as Johnny's!

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
We were very lucky that Dominguez' kicking was as atrocious as Johnny's!

:o  absoflippinlutely!  I've never seen him kick so badly.  His head was coming up the moment he kicked the ball - sure sign of nerves.  Weird when you've been around as long as him....

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
Meant Rodriguez, but yeah agreed, can't remember seeing Wilkinson miss so many.

Wonder if Flood will come in for the next match?

On an aside the Japan v France game was great up until the 60th odd minute when France woke up again and Japan tired a bit!

tomtom

• forum hero
Wot no Sloper :(

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
Meant Rodriguez, but yeah agreed, can't remember seeing Wilkinson miss so many.

Wonder if Flood will come in for the next match?

On an aside the Japan v France game was great up until the 60th odd minute when France woke up again and Japan tired a bit!

...my favourite game so far.  Japan just don't know when they're beaten.  Wales unlucky - did it go over or not?  Ireland - oh dear....  :yawn:

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
shock result this morning. was thinking the irish were going to get a proper schooling.
Shame fiji didn't manage to get a try or 2 against the springboks.
Been a great world cup so far, just hope enland can put in a good result tomorrow

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
shock result this morning. was thinking the irish were going to get a proper schooling.
Shame fiji didn't manage to get a try or 2 against the springboks.
Been a great world cup so far, just hope enland can put in a good result tomorrow

What's with the penalties Jim - do you reckon they're all feckin' deaf!?  Ref couldn't really make it any more obvious could he, not that Kaplan's a fav of mine.  Still, good handful of tries, running some good angles, Thompson looked good at hooker and as for Simon Shaw, the man's a legend.  A big  :clap2:  for Georgia too....

Good result for Sharks to Jim..........love beating Wasps  :boxing:

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix

If only that had been in the knockout stages, the RWC wouldn't be able to get any better for me. Sadly it is probably a wake up call for the Ozzies and they are going to up their game now.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
it was, especially after beating london irish the week before. hopefully we can beat northampton on friday as well, unfortunately i can't go.
looking forward to italy vs russia tomorrow

Neil F

• obsessive maniac
Been a great world cup so far...

On the pitch, maybe, but is anyone else finding the footage and particularly the commentary, far inferior to what we have become used to in, for example, the Six Nations?

Brian Moore calling a spade a spade, might not be to everyone's taste, but I am really missing his incisive comments.  Phil Vickery's commentary is so flaccid and flat, I can't believe he got the gig.

(If you are reading this, Mr Vickery sir, I think someone must have hacked into my login.  I promise to change my password at once).

Neil

chris05

• forum abuser

Brian Moore calling a spade a spade, might not be to everyone's taste, but I am really missing his incisive comments.  Phil Vickery's commentary is so flaccid and flat, I can't believe he got the gig.

(If you are reading this, Mr Vickery sir, I think someone must have hacked into my login.  I promise to change my password at once).

Neil

I agree, Vickery unsuprisingly has some good insight into whats going on but his voice is very dull.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
it was, especially after beating london irish the week before. hopefully we can beat northampton on friday as well, unfortunately i can't go.
looking forward to italy vs russia tomorrow

....it's on the telly Jim  ;D

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
I know, although I'm supposed to be working although currently I am out of action with a muscle spasm in my lower back and on a strong cocktail of drugs so may be able to watch at home if I'm still laid up.

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive
I know, although I'm supposed to be working although currently I am out of action with a muscle spasm in my lower back and on a strong cocktail of drugs so may be able to watch at home if I'm still laid up.

....every cloud has a silver lining I guess...  :-\

mark s

• junky
I've watched a few games this world cup.really enjoying it.scanning the interweb I came across a vid of tuilagi punching ashton :-o
That linked to the rest of his family,they don't half like dishing some pain out.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
The Aussie media is keeping me very entertained. Check out this whinging catalogue of excuses from the Herald last week:

Instead of Eden Park being a sort of home-ground-away-from-home for the Wallabies, as you would expect when they played a northern hemisphere side there (the spirit of trans-Tasman cousins and all of that), it was very much a hostile environment. When Wallaby James O'Connor lined up kicks at goal, there were resounding boos. The support of the crowd, in turn, backed the momentum Ireland generated on the field. The underdogs were also helped by the perfect storm that hit the Wallabies before and during the match. Rain felt sporadically: it was an Irish rain in that it made the field slippery, which effectively nullified the twinkle-toed and speedy Wallabies backs.

It also fell at crucial times. One instance was memorable. Towards the end of the match, Ireland kicked a towering bomb deep into Australian territory. Just as the ball was booted, a heavy shower started. So the Wallabies defender, who muffed the catch, had to contend with a charge of Irish players, an intimidating roar from the crowd and rain pelting into his eyes.

The loss of Stephen Moore with a stomach virus on the morning of the match was a terrible blow for the Wallabies. Most of Ireland's successful penalty kicks were from scrum penalties: correctly awarded, alas, by the New Zealand referee Bryce Lawrence. Moore's scrummaging powers might have negated the effectiveness of the Irish scrum. Without David Pocock, out with a back complaint, the Wallabies had no one to match Ireland's loose forwards, especially their No. 7, Sean O'Brien, a brilliant young player. And the back line, which kicked too much, lacked the direct running pugnacity of Digby Ioane. Often the Wallabies passed deep to O'Connor running a sweeping line designed to take him outside the Irish centres. But the slippery conditions prevented him from getting enough traction to make an outside break.

Oh Boo Hoo!

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
That's fucking brilliant. Ah diddums! :-*  :'(

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
great match this morning, shame the 2 tongan tries from forward passes were allowed as it would of been much closer

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
great match this morning, shame the 2 tongan tries from forward passes were allowed as it would of been much closer

Their 2nd forward pass try also had a suspicion of crossing/obstruction type offence as well

john horscroft

• forum hero
  • Just abusive

Their 2nd forward pass try also had a suspicion of crossing/obstruction type offence as well

.......ooohhhhh, 'ark at 'er getting all technical!   :tease:

galpinos

• forum hero
.......ooohhhhh, 'ark at 'er getting all technical!   :tease:

As you seem to require a quick refresh of the rules I thought i'd help you out John:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal