UKBouldering.com

Sandstone Climbing in Cheshire and Merseyside (Read 3772 times)

AJB73

i am looking for the book Sandstone Climbing in Cheshire and Merseyside, and cant find it anywhere, does anyone have a clue where i could find this or even have a copy to sell?

A

andy popp

• forum hero
I very much doubt you'll find a new copy of this anywhere, whether anyone would want to sell and old copy I couldn't say.

I know you've all the heard this umpteen times before but we've genuinely made a lot of progress on the new BMC guide in the last couple of months. I will actually appear at some point.

Big Dave

• menacing presence
Sorry my copy isn't for sale!

You may be lucky and find one on ebay, but as said you're probably better waiting for the new BMC guide. Or the Rockfax Western Grit has a section on Cheshire Sandstone.

I know you've all the heard this umpteen times before but we've genuinely made a lot of progress on the new BMC guide in the last couple of months. I will actually appear at some point.

Will this have the Pex eliminates in it as well?

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
Quote from: Big Dave
Sorry my copy isn't for sale!

Neither is mine! The liverpool uni library used to have a few copies, might be worth asking if only for reference purposes...
Psyched for the new quide, possibly the longest awaited and most eagerly anticipated guidebook in the history of my personal climbing life!!

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
I can sell mine if you want it. I'm not using it much at the moment and can wait for the new BMC one which I will definitely be getting  :-*

AJB73

Thanks for your responses, I am also waiting for the new  BMC guide but my son isnt quite so patient!!!

Fiend - i would appreciate it if we could discuss buying your copy if you are seriously happy to sell it  :2thumbsup:

BenF

• forum hero
Will this have the Pex eliminates in it as well?

Yes it will, or at least it will have quite a few Pisa Wall eliminates anyway.  I've not done eliminate topos for any of the other walls of the quarry as it would start to become very, very complicated.  I'm just about finished with the eliminates section, have produced a complex photo topo and just need to add a final few ridiculously contrived "classics".  There will eventually be roughly 30 or so problems chosen from the myriad of eliminates stored in the minds of the people involved in producing the Pex chapter...   some of the problems are amazing, some are old school nightmares.

Big Dave

• menacing presence
Nice one, exactly what I wanted to hear thanks, look forward to seeing it.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
I couldn't see anything in the university catalogue re the old guide but have heard much good stuff about the forthcoming one.

AJB73

Thank you for your responses guys

I have now been sold a copy - Happy Days

Rock on!! ( I know - couldnt resist!)

:2thumbsup:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal