UKBouldering.com

Peak Accommodation (Read 2104 times)

roddersm

• stalker
Peak Accommodation
May 06, 2011, 11:07:55 am
Hi folks,

Myself and the missus are heading over for a week and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any not too expensive accommodation.

I'd prefer not to camp but we'll probably just end up at North Lees if we don't find anything else. I believe theres rooms at that pub in hathersage (the little john?).

We'll have a car but will mainly be climbing/bouldering around Stanage, Burbage, Millstone etc. so probably that way would be handiest.

Also I have my route ticklist prepared but wouldn't mind ticking a few classic problems too. Can anyone recommend some high quality probs from 6b-7a+ ? Green Traverse and NTBTA spring to mind but any others? Not morpho ones please :)

Thanks.   

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Peak Accommodation
May 06, 2011, 11:17:03 am
Fox House Inn has accommodation too, you could then walk to Burbage, Millstone and Stanage (not that its far to drive up from Hathersage).

roddersm

• stalker
#2 Re: Peak Accommodation
May 06, 2011, 12:44:27 pm
Thanks SlackLine, will check it out.

tommytwotone

• forum hero
  • Southern jessie turned Almscliff devotee
#3 Re: Peak Accommodation
May 06, 2011, 12:46:57 pm
The Millstone just by...well, Millstone - they have rooms too. Ended up there once on a Sat night after being descended on by a noisy University club at North Lees late on the Friday.

From what I've read in the Peak Pubs and Booze thread their food seems to have gone off the boil (pun kind of intended) since a few years back so watch out for that!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal