UKBouldering.com

The Lotus Direct (Read 1374 times)

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
The Lotus Direct
October 11, 2010, 10:39:28 pm
Anyone know the deal with this? It's listed in the pass 7 + 8's @ 7C. We were up there today and were trying to figure where exactly it started.

We did a problem pulling on on left arm on a slopey crimp, bust up right to the fingeredge and swap hands on this, get a RH pinch then slap direct to the top of the block but it felt about 7A+ (I figured this is just the finish of the Lotus normal - or does that carry on right on jug slots?)

BenF

• forum hero
#1 Re: The Lotus Direct
October 12, 2010, 02:16:35 pm
That sounds like the finish of Lotus.  I think the direct heads straight up through the steepest bit of the traverse with right hand on the hold you swap on for Lotus original.  I may be wrong though.

JohnM

• junky
#2 Re: The Lotus Direct
October 12, 2010, 03:05:43 pm
Think you end up with the handswap edge on the Lotus with your right hand and it is direct through roof from here.  You get there from a sit start under the traverse line by pulling on some sidepull blade.  Absolute filth.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#3 Re: The Lotus Direct
October 12, 2010, 03:49:22 pm
Ah that clears that up then. I looked under the roof at said lefthand razor and it did look a bit nasty. Think I'll just go back for the full deal coming in from the sitter on the left. Nice moves, just ran out of body tension on link time  :spank:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal