UKBouldering.com

Cars (Read 40100 times)

tomtom

• forum hero
#150 Re: Cars
April 14, 2011, 05:50:51 pm
For something a little larger, the new Golf estates are about the same (if not cheaper) than the equivalent octavia estates.. They seem less popular and thus cheaper than golf hatches.. Prob a great climbing car #cavernousboot

Wipey Why

• forum hero
#151 Re: Cars
April 15, 2011, 08:30:28 am
On a side note one of the lads in the office had a Polo GT (basically the same car as the Fabia VRS of the same generation but with a VW badge on it). In real world driving it was quicker than my 182. You have to work the engine to get the best out of it particularly against when you are chasing that much torque.

205Chris I think it depends ultimately how driver orientated you want to go. The VRS will be a bit cheaper to run, but the 182 is more of a driver's car.

And if you buy a normal 182 with the cup packs on you still have the lovely cup chassis, but you also get things like a/c, xenons and split seats.

cofe

• forum hero
#152 Re: Cars
July 14, 2011, 11:03:03 am
Anyone know if a big POD mat fits in the boot of an Almera?

Ta.

tomtom

• forum hero
#153 Re: Cars
July 18, 2011, 05:28:36 am
Almera for a pod bouldering mat? Sounds like a fair swap ;)

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#154 Re: Cars
July 18, 2011, 08:41:44 am
Did you stay up all night thinking up that joke?

burbistan

#155 Re: Cars
July 19, 2011, 03:06:10 pm
Anyone know if a big POD mat fits in the boot of an Almera?

Ta.
My 1.0m x 0.5m (folded) POD mat fits in my W-reg Almera's boot.

tomtom

• forum hero
#156 Re: Cars
July 19, 2011, 06:22:26 pm
Did you stay up all night thinking up that joke?

Nope.. In WA at the moment.. Though it did work better in it's original 'petrol cap for a skoda? Fair swap mate' guise..

kilgore1080

• player
  • Hashi Tensai!
#157 Re: Cars
July 21, 2011, 11:01:26 am
Sorry to hijack this but seeing as it seems to be an ongoing topic.....

Me & the Mrs are off to NZ at the end of the year for a fair old while (possibly permanently) and will need to purchase a suitable vehicle once we get there, being as I know pretty much feck all about cars I'd appreciate any advice/tips. So far requirements would be;

Preferably second hand (i.e. cheaper!)
Something a bit "rugged" in that if necessary it could cope with things like crossing small streams (and I mean small!), easy off road stuff, bit of snow etc
Room in the back for a fair bit of stuff, think along the lines of two suitcases, camping equipment, boulder mat etc.
Big enough to sleep in or that can be converted into a sleep space, we were possibly thinking of a van or something on this point.
Comfortable.
Reliable.
Good mpg.
Not really bothered about too much techie electric stuff but it would be nice if possible.
Budget would be approx. £3 - £4k.

not bothered about brands etc, just want something that'll do for us. We reckoned on a van, estate or some kind of offroad thingamajig. also, if anyone has any other useful ideas or things we should be considering feel free to shout up!!

Thanks in advance.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#158 Re: Cars
July 21, 2011, 11:23:22 am
You'll be needing a Ute mate!

No idea about cars over there tbh. Pickups (utes) with a fiberglass canopy seem popular.

fatkid2000

• junky
#159 Re: Cars
July 21, 2011, 12:41:00 pm
I've got a mate in the motor trade in Rotorua. If that's any use to you I'll try and find his details and PM them to you.

I drove round the whole country pretty much  in a 4x4 estate 10 years ago which got me to all the out of the way place I wanted to get to. Some Japanese thing - can't remember exact details. When I was there alot of cheap second hand cars came in from Japan.

kilgore1080

• player
  • Hashi Tensai!
#160 Re: Cars
July 21, 2011, 01:04:20 pm
I've got a mate in the motor trade in Rotorua. If that's any use to you I'll try and find his details and PM them to you.

I drove round the whole country pretty much  in a 4x4 estate 10 years ago which got me to all the out of the way place I wanted to get to. Some Japanese thing - can't remember exact details. When I was there alot of cheap second hand cars came in from Japan.

Yeah that'd be cool if you wouldn't mind, as long as he's not an Arthur Daley or Swis Tony type! "Driving around New Zealand is much like making love to a beautiful woman.....etc"

clm

• forum hero
#161 Re: Cars
July 21, 2011, 08:11:51 pm
Anyone got an s max? Opinions please.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#162 Re: Cars
July 21, 2011, 08:41:56 pm
Anyone got an s max? Opinions please.

Paul Reeve did, and on the times i have been in it, i thought it was great. Not amazing on fuel, but plenty of space.

fatkid2000

• junky
#163 Re: Cars
July 21, 2011, 08:48:12 pm

Yeah that'd be cool if you wouldn't mind, as long as he's not an Arthur Daley or Swis Tony type! "Driving around New Zealand is much like making love to a beautiful woman.....etc"

No he's a proper business man type - main ford dealer and imports alot of stuff from Japan - which when I was there pretty cheap. I'll have a dig round the filing cabinet & computer to find is details.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal