UKBouldering.com

font avec bikes (Read 1566 times)

sjw

• obsessive maniac
font avec bikes
June 29, 2010, 10:51:49 pm
Hoping someone will make this decision for us...

Me and the missus are off to Font for a month and can't decide whether or not to take the bikes for rest days/wet days/cafe outings once we've completed the usual touristy ticklist. Has anyone done much cycling around the forest and can advise whether it's a decent idea or not?

PS. We're staying in Herbauvillers, going in October and both pretty much bike punters.

Word.

bobkatebob

• menacing presence
#1 Re: font avec bikes
June 30, 2010, 11:30:37 am
As a Herbeauvilliers resident, I would say that there is plenty of cycling to be had in the area.
I have to admit that at the moment I probably go MTBing more than climbing.

Buthiers is only a 5 to 10 min ride away  there are a few VTT circuits that start from there, thought you can pick some of them up closer to Herbeauvilliers.

see the "Téléchargez les circuits balisés" link via the "VTT et Vélos Funs" link on http://www.base-de-buthiers.com/

There are rules about which tracks you can use in the forest, ie keep off the narrow blue marked paths and keep to the wider paths.
 There are some cycle paths marked out in the forest but I have yet to find a map.

If you really want there is a northshore place to the north which is about 1/2 hours drive away.

I wouldn't say though that bikes are a substitute for a car unless your used to bikeing everywhere inc sorting out food shopping etc

sjw

• obsessive maniac
#2 Re: font avec bikes
June 30, 2010, 04:57:20 pm
Smart! Cheers for the knowledge, it sounds like a half decent idea now.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal