UKBouldering.com

Hook @ Ravens Tor (Read 1365 times)

Dhanny

• regular
Hook @ Ravens Tor
June 28, 2010, 09:52:30 am
Had a quick gander at this the other day... how does it go and whats in/out?

...also i'm keen to check out the cragx crag x but don't really know where it is or the problems, i tried to find a topo but no successes....could anyone point me in the right direction??

much appreciated, dan

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#1 Re: Hook @ Ravens Tor
June 28, 2010, 09:58:14 am
From the good lip hold of Keen Roof, head straight up to jugs, via small crimps. Better holds out left are off route. - http://www.peakbouldering.info/boulders/350

As for crag x, not sure what the score is nowadays on mentioning location on the net, so will leave it up to the peak boys to answer this question.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#2 Re: Hook @ Ravens Tor
June 28, 2010, 07:38:43 pm
From the first lip holds on Keen Roof, I think Dave S went right hand up to the crozzly diagonal crimp then a (big) flick though to a sharp edged crimp straight above, then to the jugs in the break. I have done it by going left hand first to a nice comfy scooped crimp up left of the starting holds, but not used on Keen Roof, then locked to the sharp edged crimp with my right hand before flicking through to the break with left. This is significantly easier than Dave's sequence, but it would be a tight line if the left crimp is eliminated.

Dhanny

• regular
#3 Re: Hook @ Ravens Tor
June 28, 2010, 11:32:10 pm
cheers fellas!

whats the deal with this crag x then... sssi?
its a shame i have heard it is mint :(

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#4 Re: Hook @ Ravens Tor
June 29, 2010, 08:27:17 am
its shit mate. All the holds are falling off and theres a lake of dogshit beneath.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal