UKBouldering.com

You're the Chancellor (Read 3304 times)

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
You're the Chancellor
May 23, 2010, 08:21:34 pm
In the run up to the budget, things need careful consideration, so rather than that, let's have a good old fashioned fight.

What taxes do you raise and what cuts do you make?

Cuts.

Tax credits, scrap them across the board.  They're hugely expensive to administer and merely in effect give you some of your (increased) taxes back to you.

Sure Start, it's failed, it's expensive, it's the very worst kind of social engineering.

Regional Development Agencies, Business Link and the like.  A total waste of space.

Benefit reform, if you're been on the dole eg JSA etc for more than six months, you have to work for your benefits.

Changes

A big reduction in corporation tax with provisions to stop banks in receipt of public funds offsetting previous losses against future corp tax  liabilites.

Legalisation of all drugs.

Stop putting people inside for short sentences.

Raise the personal tax allowance and get rid of NI, add it to the rate of income tax and flatten the system.

Don't renew trident.

clm

• forum hero
#1 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 23, 2010, 08:38:11 pm
i think you meant to type 'im the chancellor'. Thats certainly where you seem to have taken the thread.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 23, 2010, 08:44:57 pm
You almost sound "Liberal" there Sloper.  :)

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#3 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 23, 2010, 09:16:13 pm
If people are to work for their benefits then it has to be for the same rate as the minimum wage.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#4 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 23, 2010, 09:21:49 pm
If people are to work for their benefits then it has to be for the same rate as the minimum wage.

Good point, reduce the minimum wage  :P

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#5 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 23, 2010, 09:25:40 pm
 :lol:

superfurrymonkey

• junky
#6 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 23, 2010, 09:38:14 pm
Monetary reform is what's needed though. However drastic the cuts are we are never ever going to get on top of our national debt unless we move to a debt free money system. http://www.cfoss.com/grip.html

tomtom

• forum hero
#7 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 23, 2010, 11:02:17 pm
If I were the chancellor - I would look in the mirror, think fuck, I've turned into George Osbourne - run myself a nice warm bath - get in and cuddle a plugged in toaster....

widdop

• addict
#8 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 23, 2010, 11:06:21 pm
 raise a gold standard.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#9 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 24, 2010, 12:32:07 am
If I were the chancellor - I would think fuck, how did that twat Scameron win us the election, I mean the proles must be really stupid plus we are fucked, I have no idea what to do and wish we were still in opposition where we could snipe from the sidelines without having to take any responsibility, bollocks, its all gone wrong, mummy please help in the mirror, think fuck, I've turned into George Osbourne - run myself a nice warm bath - get in and cuddle a plugged in toaster....

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#10 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 24, 2010, 12:38:29 am
I'd buy all the foie gras in the world at an inflated price and then fail to make a profit on it. Then I'd end up looking like John "Who ate ate all the foie fras" Prescott

Thank fuck you aren't Chancellor eh Sloper  ;D

Sloper

• forum hero
#11 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 24, 2010, 08:57:05 pm
There speaks the stand in for Bez on a bad day  :-*

I'm glad the child trust funds have gone, just a sop to the middle classes who can afford their own trust fund and no use to the genuine poor who would be better of getting tattoo removal vouchers.

mjh

#12 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 26, 2010, 05:03:54 pm
Sure Start, it's failed, it's expensive, it's the very worst kind of social engineering.

Regional Development Agencies, Business Link and the like.  A total waste of space.

I'd agree with most of that, except these two - a lot of people seem to have been saying Sure Start has worked.  RDAs and Business Link are hardly the same.  Business Link done well (which it is in some areas) is very useful for small businesses and start ups.

Sloper

• forum hero
#13 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 26, 2010, 08:42:35 pm
Yeah they'd be the same middle class wankers who want the poor to subsidise their childcare when they can acutally afford it and then sniff when the real proles turn up at the SS (I don't think the letters are a co-incidence) and upset Joscata and Wesley.

Having worked with start ups business link is a pile of homepathic wank water.

mjh

#14 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 27, 2010, 04:46:35 pm
Despite your exile from UKC I see you have lost none of your diplomatic turn of phrase!

Yossarian

• forum hero
#15 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 27, 2010, 04:54:38 pm
It's funny - you never see Sloper and Giles Coren in the same place at the same time...

Sloper

• forum hero
#16 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 27, 2010, 05:07:29 pm
Isn't Giles dead or is that another member of the truly meritocratic broadcasting dynasty.

Jesus with twats like that and the Benn familiy I wonder why people still consider the nature / nurture argument to be valid, it's genetic init?

Mike dear boy, one has a reputation to maintain.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#17 Re: You're the Chancellor
May 27, 2010, 05:25:49 pm
Welcome to the show that never ends Mike.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal