UKBouldering.com

Wimberry - Fat pinch (right of elephant's bum) (Read 1850 times)

JamieG

• forum hero
Was just wondering if had done the right thing. I pulled on using the fat pinch for my left and small chipped crimp for my right. Left foot in the big high left foot hold and then rock over. Slap right hand up into a gritty small press and throw for the big chipped hold with left hand (that is also used for elephants bum). This is where i got confused i wasn't sure if i should try avoid all holds used on the elephants bum or not. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks.

a dense loner

• forum hero
the 6c thing? think u can use the chip at that grade, obviously bit harder without.

u done the groove on the fish? starting stood on little boulder, v good probs around these grades

JamieG

• forum hero
Yeah 6c felt about right the way i did it. Like you say it would be quite a lot harder to eliminate the hold.

I haven't tried the groove thing on the fish. It does look good but i always get caught by the honey trap of fish arete. And then fall off that repeatedly, until tiredness and thin skin stops play.

mattreid

i did it at first using the chip but i felt the eliminate was a bit more accurate for the grade and alot nicer.
left hand pinch ,high left foot with right hand crimping the chip
Right hand press and stand into the foot and balance onto it

worth trying starting low out left on the 2 good holds as well .

JamieG

• forum hero
Sounds pretty good beta. I'll give it a bash next time i'm out at Wimberry.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal