UKBouldering.com

What is the hardest problem in the world? (Read 19611 times)

ian h

• forum abuser
#50 hardest problem
January 04, 2004, 08:20:31 pm
someone wrote this on scottishclimbs.com :?

malcolm smith:
Calm down,calm down.
To give a problem font 8c, especially in Britain, is rediculous.We all need to be responsible with the grading so things dont get out of hand.I struggle to believe anyone can climb a real British font 8c,none of us are that good.There's plenty of room in 8b+,but remember that font 8b is already the living end.Ever climbed an upward 8b at fontainbleau?Those things are a bit tricky.
There are two possibilitys;either Simon is the best climber in the world by a mile(in which case why not do a few easy repeats of confirmed 8b+)or he has an inflated idea of his own ability.Do we really believe that one climber is so much better than everyone else?Off course he isn't,get real.

ian h

• forum abuser
#51 hardest prob
January 05, 2004, 04:40:23 pm
it continues to kick off on scot climbs with mr s queer. malcolm smith seems to hav stirred it up again. :P

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#52 What is the hardest problem in the world?
January 05, 2004, 10:40:42 pm
I refer the honourable gentleman to Greg's last post in the locked 'Grades 'n' egos 'n' rock 'n' roll' thread?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#53 What is the hardest problem in the world?
January 05, 2004, 10:51:01 pm
I should unlock it really, but I wanted sgurr to read the message I sent him first...

dave

#54 What is the hardest problem in the world?
January 05, 2004, 11:13:56 pm
anyone noticed that sgurr has bothered to register scottish climbs, but only ever posts on threads about si's 8c, not on any other subject!

i see what you mean about the smileys :oops: ......dots, more smileys.... :lol:  etc etc. they both have a very distinctive posting style.... :8)

fimac

#55 Multiple Personalities
January 05, 2004, 11:22:50 pm
Owen

The reason why Si and Sgurr use all those smilies is that they are the same person.  That's also why their language, inflections and posting structures are also very similar.

It's a classic forum ruse of a contentious poster such as Si to have more than one identity to substantiate his somewhat delusional claims.

However, I'm sure having more than one personality does give him a bouldering advantage when it comes to a bit of power spottiing, or some combined tactics for some of those reachy moves!!

Fi

dave

#56 What is the hardest problem in the world?
January 05, 2004, 11:27:08 pm
belive me you're not the first person to think that either.

dave

#57 What is the hardest problem in the world?
January 06, 2004, 12:06:21 pm
Quote from: "the owen"
Is there a way to check the IP address of posters with this forum Bubs? If they are indeed two seperate enteties, it might be worth clearing Si's name?

i've been there - theres nothing concrete you can draw from the IPs (ISP rotate them all the time unless your permanantly conected)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#58 What is the hardest problem in the world?
January 06, 2004, 12:10:09 pm
Whoah, hold the witch hunt people!!

I can check IP addresses when people are on the site. I *might* be able to check IP addresses of old posts but I doubt the system records the IP for every post....but I'll check.

I've PMd Sgurr about the locked post, and also to say that *if* they are the same person, can they please just use one ID in future. So, as far as can be ascertained, they are different users.

Now, if they *are* the same person, then I'd probably remove one of the IDs as I don't really want anyone having more than one username unless there's a good reason for it, although this may already be happening anyway.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#59 What is the hardest problem in the world?
January 06, 2004, 12:27:23 pm
Quote from: "dave"
i've been there - theres nothing concrete you can draw from the IPs (ISP rotate them all the time unless your permanantly conected)

Exactly - if two usernames are using the same IP and posting at more or less the same time, then it's 90% going to be the same person (as has recently been going down with one BNP fuckwit who signed up as about 10 different people in order to simulate supporters on the Sheffield Forum)...but it's still possible that two mates or whatever post to the same forum from the same computer, or two people posting from different computers on a network that connects to the web via the same proxy server, etc, etc.

Greg C

• forum hero
#60 What is the hardest problem in the world?
January 06, 2004, 12:29:40 pm
How is the sit start easier than the stand up?...
http://www.8a.nu/eng/index.shtml

I pressume it finishes in a different place, but being as the original problem did not finish at the top do we have yet another finishing point? Bit more wierdness for ya!

:?

Greg C

• forum hero
#61 What is the hardest problem in the world?
January 06, 2004, 12:34:09 pm
Sorry the link didn't take you all the way in. Try looking at Extradition/SS on Si O's page.

ian h

• forum abuser
#62 hardest problem
January 06, 2004, 01:29:23 pm
does not make sense to me either, but the database on scottish climbs states that the v14 finishes at a break.

AndyR

• forum hero
#63 What is the hardest problem in the world?
January 06, 2004, 01:52:51 pm
Quote from: "Bubba"
Whoah, hold the witch hunt people!!

I say we should throw him off the Cioch - if he is untimely dashed against the dark cruel rocks, then we know that he a was a truely strong mofo who could have taken bouldering forward into a new dimension.  If he lives, he is a cursed over-grading son of satan.  Sounds pretty reasonable?  :wink:

Si O'Conor

• player
    • http://www.se7en-x.com/oops/
#64 What is the hardest problem in the world?
January 06, 2004, 03:22:39 pm

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#65 What is the hardest problem in the world?
January 06, 2004, 03:33:24 pm
Quote from: "Si O'Conor"
Well am away from all this but before I go, far be it from me to hand out advice, but try not to turn this forum into something like that CockTalk forum. It would be a shame aye to ruin Bubbas chill room

Amen to that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal