UKBouldering.com

st leger du ventoux (Read 2092 times)

Ged

• junky
st leger du ventoux
October 05, 2009, 07:47:03 pm
Just plotting where to go at half term (3 weeks time for a week).  Was planning on Tarn, but remember some folk saying st leger was the muts nuts.  Any knowledge?  Is it worth a trip?  The lad i'm going with is partial to short hard stuff, any good for that?  Good place to doss in a van?  Guide book or online topos?  Any good pics anywhere?

Cheers in advance

Ged

MorganW

• regular
#1 Re: st leger du ventoux
October 06, 2009, 01:37:13 pm
plenty of stuff out ther on the net eg:

http://hotroc.free.fr/journaux/04_fevrier_2004/topo%20st%20leger.pdf

i had planned to go this summer but had heard the better stuff is south facing, however have been told they have developed some new stuff in another shady sector....check out some of Mayan Gobat's pics from her recent trip there, which looks very long.  Had heard about access problems due to people camping in the carpark??

north_country_boy

• junky
#2 Re: st leger du ventoux
October 06, 2009, 02:26:18 pm
Great venue, and should be good in oct/nov unless you get rain/seepage....

Lots of great routes onn teh south face from 17m power endurance (think malham catwalk) up to 35-38m euro stam fests

South face obviously gets loads of sun, but the east and west faces get plenty of shade in afternoon/morning respectively. The new sector further along the south face (another large horseshoe) has some amazing looking lines which will get lots of shade, but i'm not sure of topo as it has only just been developed.....

Dossing in a van is easy, but not in the car park closest to the crag. Drive past the turnoff to the crag (heading east) and through the village of St Leger du Ventuox, once you pass over the river there is a large gravel car park (don't park on the tarmac area) on the right, with a picnic bench, water tap and long wooden work surface between two trees. Its fine to doss here, and you may even get early morning bread deliveries from a french women in a van if your lucky....

Drop me a PM if you want any route tips/recommendations etc....try 8a.nu for pics....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal