#100 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 10:18:56 am
 ;) very funny.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#101 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 10:38:10 am

I'm holding a BBQ for about 19 people on Saturday. I'm a little worried about the weather as it hasn't stopped raining here for days. I'm new to this BBQin lark, and wondered if it does rain, can I put the BBQ in the lounge or kitchen and do it all inside?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Go with the kitchen, but make sure the extractor fan is turned on full and you'll be fine.  Remove batteries from all fire alarms though, just in case  :)

Jaspersharpe

• forum hero
  • 1B punter
  • Allez Oleeeve!
#102 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 11:01:02 am
And make sure all doors and windows are securely closed.

nik at work

• forum hero
#103 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 11:16:58 am
Just barbeque outside in the rain. I find that I get warm stood in front of the barbeque so I tend to take my top off, this has the added bonus of stopping my t-shirt getting wet in the rain, win win. Last barbeque I did some cheeky twat came and asked if he could turn over the sausages, I said yes but inside I was a bundle of rage, the sheer damned impertinence of the man.

clm

• forum hero
#104 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 07:00:43 pm
Has anyone apart from these two cocktalkers ever met...

a)  a woman who has expressed distaste at people not wearing t shirts in a wall?
b)  a male who goes to a wall to impress women?

im a no and a no im afraid

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#105 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 07:21:53 pm
I'm afraid you're a no and yes actually clm. You have, after all, made the acquaintance of Lee 'I'll be the fucking monster on the rings' Anderson.

Although you've never met someone who actually has impressed a woman at the wall. Perhaps that's where the confusion arose.

Red

• addict
#106 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 09:20:14 pm
Glad to hear its banned at redpoint, I used to travel there with 2 lady friends to boulder.  Upon our arrival the same idiots would always seem to be jumping around doing ridiculous dyno's they had no hope of achieving, falling all over the fucking place quite dangerously with no regard to whats going on around them, continuing there machismo by proceding to take their tops off whilst they conversed monotone bullshit loud enough for the near by bakery to take orders.  

/rant

are you implying that there is a general correlation between guys who take their tops off with "idiots" that "fall all over the fucking place quite dangerously" etc.?

this (amazing and aggravating in equal measure) thread was originally started on the premise that girls are offended by guys who take their tops off, but I notice that there has been no comment from the ladies on this matter. As i can't read one more word from DannyBoy without wanting to stab someone (him), I wanted to give a ladies' viewpoint to go some way in resolving this.

Personally I, and all women I know, have absolutely no problem with men getting undressed at the wall, and we all regularly go climbing wearing small crop tops when we are hot. I also climb with guys who genuinely get more psyched and crush harder by getting naked, whether they are sweating or not. I know my husband climbed at least 3 grades harder on Dobbin's homo-erotic torso fest in Swiss recently on account of his frosty nipples.

I find this bizarre and prudish attitude that people should keep covered up for fear of offending someone quite ridiculous and archaic. If you are easily offended then I suggest you spend the rest of you life shut in a box, especially DannyBoy so we don't have to listen to your tedious waffle any longer.

the little drummer girl

#107 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 09:43:38 pm
Red, I'm so glad you piped up.

I'd much rather see climbers with their tops off than the general (unfit, as a loose rule) public, which is what happens the minute we get any sun in this country... but anyway. I know of no females who are offended by this, either.

...Do you never get warm at a climbing wall, you guys, then?

I think the Cat made his female friends up.

Red

• addict
#108 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 09:50:22 pm

:lol:

i would rather watch gleaming abs than sweaty t-shirt armpits

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
#109 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 09:53:10 pm

I'd much rather see climbers with their tops off than the general (unfit, as a loose rule) public, which is what happens the minute we get any sun in this country... but anyway. I know of no females who are offended by this, either.

no, seriously...the two groups of people (the two lasses and the young kidda's) - I hadn't seen them there before...and when the lasses (sorry, but this is a northern term!) turned a corner and saw them they kinda gasped, giggled and made the comments but I was in earshot...and one was quite fit so I wasn't gonna go away... :)

I sweat like mad when I climb - but I'm a beginner and I lack technique (I guess), so, I'm more into building up my strength and keeping fit...I feel like I've had a good session when I'm sweating too...but there's no air con there and it's quite hot just now anyway...

while I've got a pretty good physique - I keep my top on...

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#110 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 09:58:35 pm
Have we reached a consensus on owl vests? Yay or nay? ladies?

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#111 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 10:00:52 pm
Stick one on, Emo'd do ya  :shag:

Red

• addict
#112 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 10:02:22 pm
i like the one in pink, shows a good midriff

with matching chalk bag

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#113 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 10:11:17 pm
Stick one on, Emo'd do ya  :shag:

I do the doing. I don't get done.   often.

I am so confident in my testosterone fueled masculine heterosexuality I could engage in bum-love with another gent and remain completely straight. ???

Scraggadoo

• addict
#114 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 10:19:24 pm

no, seriously...the two groups of people (the two lasses and the young kidda's) - I hadn't seen them there before...and when the lasses (sorry, but this is a northern term!) turned a corner and saw them they kinda gasped, giggled and made the comments but I was in earshot...and one was quite fit so I wasn't gonna go away... :)

I sweat like mad when I climb - but I'm a beginner and I lack technique (I guess), so, I'm more into building up my strength and keeping fit...I feel like I've had a good session when I'm sweating too...but there's no air con there and it's quite hot just now anyway...

while I've got a pretty good physique - I keep my top on...

Take yer top off and get sweating then, ain't no different.  Just means you gotta work harder - you did say you want to get strong and keep fit.  What better motivation?

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
#115 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 10:22:16 pm
I don't want young lasses gasping, giggling and making comments...  :bounce:

Red

• addict
#116 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 10:27:16 pm
 :yawn:

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#117 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 10:29:57 pm
Who cares what other people think?  You need some self-confidence, Mr Pussy Cat   8)

Stallion:  Do your doing/ being done if you must, just keep your top on.

Richie Crouch

• forum hero
  • G Time
#118 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 10:33:34 pm
That Owl chalk bag is possibly now #1 on my most desired item to get in time for Magic Wood. Strong  8)

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#119 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 11:18:23 pm
The Stallion scolded me at The Depot tonight for having my top on. Incredibly I wasn't very hot. Apart from when we got talking and then I came over a little faint. The faint didn't mind though.

Anyway, I need to post on the other thread about how incredible the new section of the Depot looks.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#120 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 11:21:11 pm
So, when you saw the Stallion you came over Funny?    :-\

robertostallioni

• forum hero
#121 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 11:24:59 pm
He came over dopey.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#122 Re: why is it...
July 30, 2009, 11:30:34 pm
He's wearing my Depot kecks!

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#123 Re: why is it...
July 31, 2009, 12:12:38 am
I don't want young lasses gasping, giggling and making comments...  :bounce:

Really? I'd love it if some young lasses were gasping at the sight of me! However, they're more likely to be chortling than giggling.

Mr Cat

• menacing presence
    • Flickr
#124 Re: why is it...
July 31, 2009, 09:35:27 am

:lol:

i would rather watch gleaming abs than sweaty t-shirt armpits

well, yeah, I'd love to see fit women wearing hotpants and bikini tops but we can't always have what we want... :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal