UKBouldering.com

Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia (Read 120054 times)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#75 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 03:23:00 pm
I think the E71 is a great phone, looks good and works well. A decent alternative to the Blackberrys with full qwerty keypads. Your getting it for a great price as well. I think it was voted phone of the year in 2008 at some award ceremony.

cofe

• forum hero
#76 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 04:40:08 pm
The Mrs has just got a HTC Hero. First impressions are good, it's touchflow is pretty simlar to my iPhone and it is a neater unit with a better camera to boot.

Just looking at Orange business options - how'd you rate the Hero against Touch (and HD version)? Other good options?

Also, can you link/sync the Winmobile devices with Macs? Pretty key this.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#77 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 04:55:47 pm
Also, can you link/sync the Winmobile devices with Macs? Pretty key this.
Not sure if ActivSync supports Mac yet, a while ago when I still had my MacBookPro ( :'( ) and a work WinMobile device I used Mark/Space software's 'The Missing Sync' which works well.
http://www.markspace.com/products/windowsmobile/mac/windows-mobile-sync-software.html

cofe

• forum hero
#78 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 04:57:59 pm
blimey. can blackberrys sync with macs too?

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#79 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 08:28:56 pm
The Hero seems to better at first impressions, time will tell. The HTC Touch 3g is quite a good little phone, it's got an updated camera and Winmob 6.1. The Touch HD is not as good as I had wanted it to be. It's touch flow is quite jerky for want of a better word. It's also Winmob 6.1 but has a lot of potential once you rid it of the Orange rubbish it's preloaded with. If you can put up with the touchflow it's not bad at all, quite pricey mind. I think the overall feel of the Hero is better. It feels capable of doing many things if you follow?

Not sure about syncing etc, but as a phone I'd defo have the Hero over the other 2. You can get some really decent deals on it at present.

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#80 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 08:40:10 pm
blimey. can blackberrys sync with macs too?
Although I kind of agree with Charlie Brooker, so possibly asking a silly question, but if work is paying why not an iPhone?

cofe

• forum hero
#81 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 09:04:23 pm
company has two orange blowers already word.

cofe

• forum hero
#82 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 09:11:22 pm
The Hero seems to better at first impressions, time will tell. The HTC Touch 3g is quite a good little phone, it's got an updated camera and Winmob 6.1. The Touch HD is not as good as I had wanted it to be. It's touch flow is quite jerky for want of a better word. It's also Winmob 6.1 but has a lot of potential once you rid it of the Orange rubbish it's preloaded with. If you can put up with the touchflow it's not bad at all, quite pricey mind. I think the overall feel of the Hero is better. It feels capable of doing many things if you follow?

Not sure about syncing etc, but as a phone I'd defo have the Hero over the other 2. You can get some really decent deals on it at present.

cheers word - top stuff. you have an iphone right? how does hero/touch hd compare?

tobym

• menacing presence
#83 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 09:28:36 pm
I've just got a touch diamond 2, and it's pretty good, but it's my first contract phone, my first experience of a touch-screen phone, and I've got no experience of an iphone. The touchscreen is pretty good, and the battery-life not bad, considering the screen-size. But my geekskill's aren't up to a proper review. :oops:

Just need to work out what apps are, what apps I might want, and how to get them onto my phone ;)

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#84 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 09:37:33 pm
After being initially wowed by the iPhone I now know I won't be getting another one. The biggest annoyances is the battery life which is beyond a joke. I've had it run out by 4pm after it was charged fully and in use from 9am. What use is that to anyone?! It crashes, a lot of the apps are, well, shit and a novelty. Some stuff is great like the interaction and fluidity but I'm not as impressed 7 months on from when I first got it.

I don't think I'd have a Touch HD as it just seems a bit of a half arsed attepmt to compete with the iPhone. The Hero is pretty darn good and looks funky as well. I also like the Samsung i8910 HD that Bubba has just obtained as well. That is pretty fly.

cofe

• forum hero
#85 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 09:38:46 pm
thanks word. does anything else from Orange stand out?

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#86 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 10:28:30 pm
Am officially out of the Orange loop now fella. Started a new job in the same industry but not privvy to any inside knowlegde no more. I can't remember anything else that was due out soon apart from the more mainstream devices from Sony and Samsung that had 12mp cameras.

Still have some contacts at Orange though so will see what the beat on the jungle drums says.

dave

#87 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 10:40:22 pm
After being initially wowed by the iPhone I now know I won't be getting another one. The biggest annoyances is the battery life which is beyond a joke.

the battery on me 5800 seems pretty good all things considering. can get several days going on a week depending on useage. the biggest thing is remembering not to turn it off and on, cos powering up kills the battery life.

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#88 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 10, 2009, 10:46:46 pm
Would defo agree with you there, the demo 5800 we had in't shop was boss for battery life. The N85 was also muchos good. I think any phone other than an iPhone has a good battery life!

With regards to charging, another good tip is not to charge them every night. I know it used to be deemed ok but it actually makes the performance worse.

cofe

• forum hero
#89 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 11, 2009, 08:58:17 am
The biggest annoyances is the battery life which is beyond a joke.

guessing that was a 3G, not the new one?

Mike Tyson

• forum hero
#90 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 11, 2009, 10:21:52 am
Corectamundo.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#91 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 11, 2009, 11:58:32 am
I've just got a touch diamond 2, and it's pretty good, but it's my first contract phone, my first experience of a touch-screen phone, and I've got no experience of an iphone. The touchscreen is pretty good, and the battery-life not bad, considering the screen-size. But my geekskill's aren't up to a proper review. :oops:

Just need to work out what apps are, what apps I might want, and how to get them onto my phone ;)
If you want more info on apps etc.. for your topaz (diamond 2) sent me a pm

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#92 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 11, 2009, 01:09:35 pm
I also like the Samsung i8910 HD that Bubba has just obtained as well. That is pretty fly.
It is indeed pretty fly and only available on Orange at the moment I think. It was a little sluggish with the Orange firmware but now i've debranded it and upgraded to the latest Samsung firmware it fair flies along.

You don't have the vast array of apps that are offered for the iPhone but this is getting better all the time.

Also has GPS, an 8mp camera and can record HD video. The cam is pants in low light but here's a pic in normal (click link for full size)

Obi-Wan is lost...

• forum hero
#93 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 11, 2009, 04:47:09 pm
E71 for me! Not had a chance to play with it yet, but as well as £20/month for everything I got £30 off my and Mrs. Obi's bills as she is already on 'Three'.  :thumbsup:

Falling Down

• forum hero
    • bensblogredux
#94 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 12, 2009, 11:30:09 am
Great photo quality Bubba..

Seems UKB isn't the only one having the debate http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/08/great-geek-debates-iphone-vs-blackberry/

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#95 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 12, 2009, 11:34:56 am
Somewhat pertinent to the hardware is the software that smart phones run and there's a story today on RegHardware that Nokia may be phasing out the Symbian OS in favour of their Linux based Maemo (which currently runs on their tablet devices).

Will likely be looking for an upgrade to the N95 in a few months, but 3's current pickings are rather poo, perhaps time to switch (or at least get what I want for the price I want!)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#96 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 12, 2009, 11:36:11 am
Great photo quality Bubba..

Seems UKB isn't the only one having the debate http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2009/08/great-geek-debates-iphone-vs-blackberry/

:lol: @ "The Chuck Norris Factor"  :bow:

cofe

• forum hero
#97 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 12, 2009, 11:39:31 am

Will likely be looking for an upgrade to the N95 in a few months, but 3's current pickings are rather poo, perhaps time to switch (or at least get what I want for the price I want!)

After being on 3 for a few years now they're become pretty shoddy after initially being rather good. I'll be switching regardless.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#98 Re: Blackberry Vs. I Phone Vs. Nokia
August 13, 2009, 11:00:09 am

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal