UKBouldering.com

Sardinia bouldering - Serra Oseli - fancy coming along? (Read 3294 times)

PeterH

• player
    • The Lemon House
I'm going a lot bouldering at the moment to Serra Oseli (see last issue of Italian magazine Pareti), 40' from where I live. It's a beautiful place, with great problems and often only the free-range pigs for company. You can be in the sun (but not too hot) at 900m altitude, or in the shade with a woolly late afternoon. Today I nearly did Phil's Wall, in the photo of the article, I am determined to finish it off on Monday! I have a list of the 64 problems so far recorded, many of which are still to free, and we're noting new problems, changes of grade (Phil's Wall seems to me much more than font 6b/+...) ecc.

More photos at http://www.peteranne.it/album/Climbing/4.%20Bouldering/Bouldering,%20Serra%20Oseli,%20March/index.html

If anyone wants to come along, especially during the week, I would appreciate the company. I have two crash pads so no need to bring yours

Peter +39 335 6489826 peter@peteranne.it

PeterH

• player
    • The Lemon House
Serra Oseli is in eastern Sardinia BTW - see http://www.ukclimbing.com/logbook/crag.php?id=3974 - and there are single pitch routes from 6b+ to 8a as well as multipitch routes 6a/b. Great for the summer, in shade in the afternoon

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Its great that you're PSYKED for developing new bouldering areas, but given you have a vested interest in the linked sites and you've posted/contributed  little else to the forums, this is very close to SPAM.  :spank:

There is a handy link in the top right-hand corner though  :)

(Oh, and I've now't to do with running this site btw, just calling it how I see it)

PeterH

• player
    • The Lemon House
If you read my (many) posts on UKC, you'll see that I give lots of info on Sardinia, including in areas where I don't live and don't have any "vested interest" (if living somewhere and looking for people to climb with can be defined as such). I  bolt lots of new routes here, translate the guidebooks (e.g. next edition of Pietra di Luna) and magazine articles (UP, Maurizio Oviglia's article in current edition of Alpinist) into English, moderate the crags on UKC...all this is  development of the area where we chose to come and live, to make it accessible for (particularly) English speakers.  People there are always asking where they can go climbing, and (just one for instance) guy replies today "thanks for your helpful reply, I've had a look at the photos and Braccio di Ferro and Telargiu cave look amazing!" It's public knowledge that we run a guesthouse (there's a paid ad on rockfax), but (again, look on UKC) when  someone asks, "Where can we camp?" I tell them, unlike the people who simply point at a link to their accommodation....

If asking for someone to go climbing with constitutes self-interest, and is "close to SPAM", surely you should say this about all the posts in the topic "looking for partners"? There's no way for people to know this, but where we live there are very few climbers, even fewer boulderers, so "looking for partners" is a bit a way of life! Yesterday I was climbing with a guy who was camping at a campsite 20km away, I often end up climbing with people visiting on holiday.

I don't post much on UKB since we do single and multipitch routes, and DWS, as well as bouldering, and if I have missed some rules I apologise. It was actually an Italian forum that suggested I post on UKB....in the past people have suggested to do so, so I thought, hey, let's give it a go.

What would be your suggestion to "posting/contributing to the forums"? I did ask Pareti magazine if they wanted a (free) translation of their article into English, and would happily post this, but they haven't responded...
...I'll make a new post about sources of info for bouldering in Sardinia

ciao Peter

PeterH

• player
    • The Lemon House
In fact I'd already done it see http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,11421.0.html

In future I will post more regularly on UKB about sources of info on bouldering in Sardinia, especially since there's a new guide to bouldering and DWS coming out next year.

ciao Peter

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Like I said, I've no official connection with these forums, just a poster myself.

Why do I think its close to SPAM?

New poster, links to their web-site with a bit of info on an area.

Poster's in the Something for the Weekend (viz. "looking for partners") rarely link to their web-site  ;)

It appears I've mis-construed your intentions though, but this simple differentiation suggested I jump to some conclusion.

As you've found people have asked and are interested about bouldering on Sardinia in the past, and by the sounds of it you are ideally placed and have a lot of local information to contribute.

Note also you're not the first person whose intentions have been questioned, and I'm sure you won't be the last.  But do please bear in mind there is an expense incurred by someone for running these forums and the economy of the net is click-throughs.

However, welcome to the forums and thanks for the useful input so far.  Personally I've been thinking about holidaying in Sardinia at some point myself as it seems to have beaches (for the wife) and more adventurous stuff for me.  You never know I may be calling on you one day.

PeterH

• player
    • The Lemon House
No worries  ;) ;). ciao Peter

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal