UKBouldering.com

Quality fishing pics (Read 180960 times)

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#125 Re: Quality fishing pics
February 22, 2010, 02:44:08 pm
Just an Environment Agency rod license if you are over 12 years old (£26/year from post office or off 'tinterweb).

simes

• stalker
    • http://www.simes303.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index.htm
#126 Re: Quality fishing pics
May 29, 2010, 01:35:58 pm

Is that The Don?

Sheaf

Oh yeah. Its the bottom of the long straight bit on Broadfield road.

Is the barbel you posted earlier from the Don?

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#127 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 20, 2011, 12:20:10 am
Had the first session of the summer at New Brighton tonight with a box of squid and mackerel. Stupid me thought the rays might be in but alas I think we'll have to wait until mid august to try this again. Not a sausage other than windburn :(

Fatneck, if you see this, let's crush fishing soon.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#128 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 20, 2011, 03:38:12 am
Fished off Manly beach on Sunday and Monday night this week, using paternostered pilchard and a surf popper on a dropper. Landed 5 flathead to 3lb on Sunday, plus 2 flathead and a 2ft shovel-nosed shark on Monday. No photos sadly, but the flathead were very tasty.

Can't wait for some more action, but the tides and conditions won't be right until early next week  >:(

Unless....I wonder what the fishing is like at low tide?! Is it worth a go?

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#129 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 20, 2011, 08:01:10 am
Where you are I'm sure you can fish any tide. Might even be some nice deep channels you can cast into that you wouldn't be able to reach at  high tide. My brother up in Townsville does OK fishing up there regardless of tide, but I think inside the GBR tides are considerably smaller.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#130 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 29, 2011, 04:30:07 am
Where you are I'm sure you can fish any tide. Might even be some nice deep channels you can cast into that you wouldn't be able to reach at  high tide. My brother up in Townsville does OK fishing up there regardless of tide, but I think inside the GBR tides are considerably smaller.

Experiment over. Didn't have a sniff on the ebbing tide. Gentle swell and high tide at 8/9pm this weekend so with any luck I should be able to post some pics.

Monolith

• forum hero
#131 Re: Quality fishing pics
July 29, 2011, 07:24:18 pm
Clocked two magpies this morning (only superstition) so knew some action was on the cards. Cast in at New Brighton and hit a rare shoal of mackerel. Chuffed. One of them is a whopper by boat standards so tonight's dinner is sorted. Also lost something pretty big that had the rod bent double. Perhaps a smoothhound maybe I'm not sure.

More a report than an image sorry!

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#132 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 01, 2011, 12:33:10 am
A 5lb Australian salmon I caught off Manly beach last night. Now that's what I call a fight!

Monolith

• forum hero
#133 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 04, 2011, 10:46:19 am
Do let us know how that tasted BB! Delightful I'm sure?

Blanked at Colwyn Bay yesterday along with every other person out. Lost something of a good size but leader snapped (probably not due to fish but perished leader).

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#134 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 04, 2011, 11:17:37 am
Amazing stuff BB.

Can't believe you can 15c per litre off fuel when you buy 2 cases of VB.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#135 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 08, 2011, 01:12:23 am
Do let us know how that tasted BB! Delightful I'm sure?

It was really good actually. We had it filleted and cooked on the barby. It's quite a bloody fish and there's pronounced red flesh just under the skin and along the spine, so I cut that out following advice from friends. The remaining flesh tasted quite similar to tuna, but was whiter and more flakey.

Quote from: SA Chris
Can't believe you can 15c per litre off fuel when you buy 2 cases of VB.

Didn't notice that! Cheers for pointing it out as I need to refill my new 4 litre V8 Landrover!

I was going to head out fishing last night, but figured that standing on the beach with a 13ft carbon lightning conductor during a thunderstorm was not a one of my better ideas. Fingers crossed for tonight!

Monolith

• forum hero
#136 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 08, 2011, 09:22:26 pm
Sounds great eating BB! Similar profile to a mackerel (fought well I bet!?) with a salmon-like head eh.

We've been hitting the night scene hard over here of late. Night before last I took a plaice, few whiting (some unexpectedly big) and lost something of a good size at the waterline. Crouch couldn't get a torch onto it in time. Best not have been a large tasty bass.

Planning to hit the low tide tonight at 2 though looking pretty windy at the moment. Keen to tempt a good ray out now they're in!

Not quality, but look what happens when you take a (not so) young offender with a voracious appetite night fishing...

(sorry if it's massive!)

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#137 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 09, 2011, 02:35:56 am
Sounds great eating BB! Similar profile to a mackerel (fought well I bet!?) with a salmon-like head eh.

Honestly mate, I don't think I've ever seen that much braid leave the reel in such a short space of time! I thought I'd hooked something truly enormous. Apparently, salmon aren't renowned fighters either! By all accounts, tailor, kingfish and school sharks go much better.

We've been hitting the night scene hard over here of late.

I'm really lucky here as the beach is floodlit so no need for a headtorch. Night fishing is definitely the way forward though.

I can't view the pictures from work, but will definitely check them out when I get  home.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#138 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 11, 2011, 01:53:11 pm
Some more Australian Salmon caught last night.

philo

• forum hero
#139 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 16, 2011, 12:22:23 am

Honestly mate, I don't think I've ever seen that much braid leave the reel in such a short space of time! I thought I'd hooked something truly enormous. Apparently, salmon aren't renowned fighters either! By all accounts, tailor, kingfish and school sharks go much better.

We've been hitting the night scene hard over here of late.

I'm really lucky here as the beach is floodlit so no need for a headtorch. Night fishing is definitely the way forward though.

I can't view the pictures from work, but will definitely check them out when I get  home.

Is it surfable at night?

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#140 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 16, 2011, 02:09:02 am
I doubt it, the lighting only extends a little beyond the sand. Besides, you'd probably get chomped on by something toothy.

mark s

• junky
#141 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 16, 2011, 12:07:17 pm
Bumpede into my old fishing mate on sat,he'd been to france.had the lake record at 53lb and a 48lb cat ! Said the cat fucking killed him.

Monolith

• forum hero
#142 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 19, 2011, 01:27:08 pm
Nice work again BB!! You must be eating like a king at the moment mate!?

Bumpede into my old fishing mate on sat,he'd been to france.had the lake record at 53lb and a 48lb cat ! Said the cat fucking killed him.

I remember seeing John Wilson catching one years and years ago on his fishing programme. It snapped his rod and he still managed to play it to the surface holding the rod in two. Looked totally exhausting!

Think I'm going to hit the winter match scene up this year. On a different tip, my summer bass quest isn't going well. Think I lost a good one in the surf the other night and the perfect conditions yielded nothing the other day.

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#143 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 19, 2011, 02:04:16 pm
Am I a proper fishing geek if I tell you that on that particular occasion, Wilson was fishing in lake Kariba in Zimbabwe and it was a Vundu catfish. I even remember that he was using a bunch of kapenta as bait too!

JohnM

• junky
#144 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 19, 2011, 02:58:06 pm

Is a bumpede worse than a stampede?  I guess arses are softer than hooves but it still sounds pretty nasty!  ;D

Monolith

• forum hero
#145 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 29, 2011, 02:07:47 pm
Tried a spot that is new to me on my local beach this saturday past. Rumours of bass were abound. Perhaps they were there or perhaps they weren't but after 1.5 hours fishing down to the low I moved round to flattie corner and caught myself a very very tasty dab. Had intended to follow Rick Stein's pink peppercorn sauce recipe but didn't have the key requisite ingredient. This is the first dab I've ever eaten and I was majorly shocked at how nice it was. Being a member of the plaice family I probably shouldn't be surprised but I'd recommend any fish lovers to try it if you haven't already. Local bass quest continues.

Smelt bassy but wind died down sadly.

Dinner.

Will Hunt

• forum hero
  • Superworm is super-long
    • Unknown Stones
#146 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 29, 2011, 04:49:16 pm
Get it right next time, Mono. Then you can say "I caught you a delicious bass".

fatneck

• forum hero
  • Fishing Helm
#147 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 29, 2011, 10:16:35 pm
I caught you a delicious bass :-)

Caught on freshly dug lugworm from a beach on the Lleyn during my annual family hols. Also caught numbers of mackerel and pollock...

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#148 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 30, 2011, 09:12:31 am
Bah! That's what we call bait round here!

4ft long Port Jackson shark I landed off Manly beach last night. Solid fish, I reckon it weighed somewhere in the region of 18-20lbs. Took an age to get in.

JamieG

• forum hero
#149 Re: Quality fishing pics
August 30, 2011, 09:16:32 am
I'm not much of a fisherman, but recently on holiday in the north of scotland i caught my biggest brown trout. Didn't have a frying pan big enough. Tasted lush! Sorry about the hipster iPhone photo.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal