UKBouldering.com

Rodellar v Tarn - Grade spread (Read 2704 times)

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
Rodellar v Tarn - Grade spread
February 16, 2009, 11:03:55 am
I'm after a bit of advice on a spring  chuffing trip. The two options are Rodellar and Gorge du Tarn, but the problem is that our group is a bit spread in terms of the grades. We've got some people climbing around 6b and others at 7c/8a.

My question is: Are there enough climbs in the 6's at Rodellar to keep the lesser climbers busy for a week and where are they located in comparison to the 7s and 8's. We'd like to hang around in the same sectors for the sake of entertainment!

Or would it be better to head for gorge du tarn for the sake of the lesser climbers?

Can anyone with beta on the grade spread, let me know the score.

Ta

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#1 Re: Rodellar v Tarn - Grade spread
February 16, 2009, 11:21:38 am
I'm after a bit of advice on a spring  chuffing trip. The two options are Rodellar and Gorge du Tarn, but the problem is that our group is a bit spread in terms of the grades. We've got some people climbing around 6b and others at 7c/8a.

My question is: Are there enough climbs in the 6's at Rodellar to keep the lesser climbers busy for a week and where are they located in comparison to the 7s and 8's. We'd like to hang around in the same sectors for the sake of entertainment!

Or would it be better to head for gorge du tarn for the sake of the lesser climbers?

Can anyone with beta on the grade spread, let me know the score.

Ta

t'is a wonderful thing and might have thrown up this thread which despite containing Ceuse in the title discusses Tarn a fair bit.  The site here indicates that there isn't much <6b at Rodellar.

slack

Ged

• junky
#2 Re: Rodellar v Tarn - Grade spread
February 17, 2009, 08:53:33 am
Neither venue is brilliant for stuff in the 6's, but i think Tarn probably has a bit more than rodellar.  And definitely more likely to find stuff ast the same sector as 7's and 8's.  ANy 6's at rodellar definitely won't be at the same crags as harder stuff (certainlky not in the gran boveda).

Having said that, there's probably enough at rodellar to keep them busy fore a week, and i think overall it's a much better place. 

Darren S

• addict
    • www.climbnewcastle.com
#3 Re: Rodellar v Tarn - Grade spread
February 17, 2009, 09:03:28 am
From the Mistral 1 guide I can tell you that there is 140 routes betwen 5-6c at Tarn and up the road in Gorge De La Jonte there is another 164 routes in the 5-6c grade range. 

BB

• junky
  • Sissy climber
#4 Re: Rodellar v Tarn - Grade spread
February 17, 2009, 02:04:04 pm
ANy 6's at rodellar definitely won't be at the same crags as harder stuff (certainlky not in the gran boveda).

Thanks. I feared as much.

From the Mistral 1 guide I can tell you that there is 140 routes betwen 5-6c at Tarn and up the road in Gorge De La Jonte there is another 164 routes in the 5-6c grade range. 

Can you tell from the guide if there are many 6's are mixed in with the harder climbs, location wise?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal