UKBouldering.com

Zaff Scoczylas (Read 3151 times)

Steve R

• forum abuser
Zaff Scoczylas
January 17, 2009, 07:14:19 pm
What are the starting rules for the 7C version?  Assume it's fairly normal to start with your left heel in the pocket but what about hands?  Seemed logical to me to start with left hand just next to your left heel in pocket thing and right hand on the start of the big ramp/flake feature (that your right heel ends up on later).  Sorry, but got to check these things... Enjoyed myself on it today despite the nasty pebbly rock and getting a grim tip flapper whist flailing on the top out.

cofe

• forum hero
#1 Re: Zaff Scoczylas
January 17, 2009, 07:18:25 pm
both hands in the pocket. bit pokey.

Steve R

• forum abuser
#2 Re: Zaff Scoczylas
January 17, 2009, 07:24:43 pm
thought that might be the case, cheers.  Good job I checked....

etjoset

• addict
  • Twiddle that knob
#3 Re: Zaff Scoczylas
January 17, 2009, 09:32:09 pm
The logical sitting start that you describe with your left hand by your left heel in the pocket and your right hand at the start of the ramp is the 7b+ version. This is one of my favourite problems. The lie down 7c version doesn't really add any hard moves but it makes it a bit more of a slog. I know what you mean about the top out. The moves up there are easy but they still managed to spit me off a few times.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#4 Re: Zaff Scoczylas
January 18, 2009, 09:40:20 pm
Always assumed the logical sitstart was from any holds you could reach from sitting (ie ramp and mono). For the lie-down start it seems a bit daft to have both hands in the pocket, like you say it adds no hard moves. Top problem, anyway. Try eliminating the left hand mono for a bit of extra fun (and difficulty).

dave

#5 Re: Zaff Scoczylas
January 18, 2009, 09:52:14 pm
I think most people do the logical sitter from the point you see zaff start from on Stick It.

Andy B

• forum hero
  • fishie in a dishie
#6 Re: Zaff Scoczylas
January 19, 2009, 09:01:23 am
I thought the lie down starts with both hands in the pocket, and the sitter was natural, ie. whatever you can reach.

Try eliminating the left hand mono for a bit of extra fun (and difficulty).

I did both starts without the mono or the big(gish) hold out right. Not for extra difficultly though.

cofe

• forum hero
#7 Re: Zaff Scoczylas
January 19, 2009, 09:55:06 am
yeah. i can't use the mono on it. have to use the seam thing nearby.

etjoset

• addict
  • Twiddle that knob
#8 Re: Zaff Scoczylas
January 19, 2009, 01:15:21 pm
My memory is hazy now but I don't think I could pull on from a strict sitter using the higher holds (crimp below mono and ramp) and that's why I ended up starting with my left hand in the pocket. Maybe I should invest in a thicker mat. I didn't use the mono either; I went kept my left hand on the crimnp below it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal