UKBouldering.com

Font - Hunting days. (Read 2556 times)

Sypeland

• stalker
    • http://www.climbersbalm.com
Font - Hunting days.
January 07, 2009, 04:20:58 pm

Whilst having a nice cup of tea and viewing my favourite web site, I found reference to the days they hunt in Font.
It's just a reference point for those who might be lucky enough to be going soon.

http://bleau.info/forum/17331.html

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#1 Re: Font - Hunting days.
January 07, 2009, 04:24:28 pm
Was at Isatis Sunday and couldn't get in to park as a hunt was going on. Quite a sight. Dogs tearing around and horses trotting about. All the people in the hunt were dressed up great!

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#2 Re: Font - Hunting days.
January 07, 2009, 04:48:10 pm
i was there sunday aswell, nearly got run over out the back of isatis by a 4X4 charging down a forest track

Stef

• player
#3 Re: Font - Hunting days.
January 08, 2009, 10:09:52 am
these "dogs" hunts are not very often. only a few times per winter.
The "regular" hunts, those without the dogs hounds, aren't on week-ends, and usually on flat areas, not on the hilly places such as franchard or in the 3 pignons. if ever there was some at Franchard, they would stay below the hills so that climbers and hikers have access to the rocky areas.
Do you guys fancy a meeting with some massive solitaire bore male ?

dave

#4 Re: Font - Hunting days.
January 08, 2009, 10:19:45 am
I don't think many massive males, boring or otherwise, play solitaire any more. I think most have moved on to freecell or spider.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#5 Re: Font - Hunting days.
January 08, 2009, 01:26:43 pm

Do you guys fancy a meeting with some massive solitaire bore male ?

Do you mean "massive solitary male boar"?

What you have written is very funny, Stef. You have made me laugh.

(your English is still far better than my French will ever be)

Stef

• player
#6 Re: Font - Hunting days.
January 12, 2009, 09:00:50 am
Hey cool !
I thought I got trapped by some spyware or something like this while playing cards !!! ahaha !!
excellent !
Went ridding my trial motorbike around Larchant yesterday, (not in the Natinal forest, don't start to complain !!! ) near a quarry and got chased by some hunters driving a 4x4. Of course, no way they catch my friend  and I, but in this situation, you can't help thinking they probably have been unsuccessful after some solitai...arghhh...tary and that the guns needs to blow... ou la la , sacreubleu !

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#7 Re: Font - Hunting days.
January 19, 2009, 01:56:32 pm
Going to font next week with my girlfriend. That map is pretty hard to decipher and I know very little about the forest in terms of quality apart from where the classic problems are (which are incidentally the places that seem to have the worst access. Thought I'd ask some questions to people who are in the know:

Someone said Istasis was bad on a Sunday but it doesn't mention that on the map, is the map/dates incorrect? Are weekends always hunting days?

Is Cuvier in the area that is closed Thursday-Friday (Pink on the map) - it looks a close call

Are there any recommended areas in the Green area what would be accessible on Thursdays - Buthiers or Elephant?

Are there any must-visit places that are outside the hunting area if we're having a nightmare trying to find something that isn't locked down by hunters.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#8 Re: Font - Hunting days.
January 19, 2009, 02:26:05 pm
just turn up at a crag, there will be a sign saying that a hunts on, or a lot of men with shotguns n high vis jackets. i wouldn't even let this hunt thing enter your head in terms of spoiling any climbing

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#9 Re: Font - Hunting days.
January 19, 2009, 02:37:21 pm
Ah ok, so the hunt won't be on the entire area marked on the map, just that they may be doing on at that time? Cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal