UKBouldering.com

Gogarth North is in the shops! (Read 13856 times)

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#25 Re: Gogarth North is in the shops!
December 19, 2008, 08:33:54 am
Too late Drew.  Last time I was round Newton's gaff I caught him throwing darts doused in parrafin at your photo, muttering hideous oaths in forgotten languages...  You're dead meat, fella.

I think I'll be alright. He'd have to get off his arse first.

Pantontino

• forum hero
    • www.northwalesbouldering.com
#26 Re: Gogarth North is in the shops!
December 19, 2008, 10:59:20 am
Actually, Andy was a great help with the new guide, and joking aside (I'm sure you mean no malice Drew) I think he deserves a lot of respect for the huge contribution he has made to guidebook production in North Wales. Things may have gone awry with the proposed 3rd edition of the CC Gogarth guide, but he did more than his fair share of 'getting off his arse' back in the day and has continued to support CC guide production.

Anyway, your thread did make some waves at the time. Reading back over it was strange, I'd forgotten how frantic it all was!

And yes your name is in the thanks list.

Pantontino

• forum hero
#27 Re: Gogarth North is in the shops!
December 19, 2008, 11:00:43 am

:o ah no, so has Eraserhead gone down to E5 5c 6a or is it still E6 5c 6a?

......... god I'm excited. Roll on Xmas day.

Top end E5.

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
#28 Re: Gogarth North is in the shops!
December 19, 2008, 10:26:19 pm
 :)

;)

::)

:P

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#29 Re: Gogarth North is in the shops!
March 16, 2009, 12:43:55 pm
Had a great weekend climbing at Gogarth, new guide is really, easy to use and follow (first time climbing there was very life-affiriming as predicted :) ), photo topos make perfect sense, all in all a great guide  (also use the select North Wales guide, and similarly satisfied).  Well done Ground Up.

A few comments (minor though)...

p173 No route description for routes 46 + 47 marked on the topo (descriptions end after 45 Microdot)
p291 Typo in second paragraph "mazimising" perhaps meant to be "maximising"
p244 Left hand side of page has ~5mm of text missing (no doubt down to printers!)
p253 Right hand side of page has ~5mm of text missing (no doubt down to printers! Less of a problem than p244)

The index doesn't seem to be complete, notable noticed ommissions (based on the routes that I was looking at) were Dream of White Horses and Concrete Chimney aren't listed.

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#30 Re: Gogarth North is in the shops!
March 16, 2009, 02:21:57 pm
The index doesn't seem to be complete, notable noticed ommissions (based on the routes that I was looking at) were Dream of White Horses and Concrete Chimney aren't listed.

They were left out becasue no one ever does them :)

Pantontino

• forum hero
#31 Re: Gogarth North is in the shops!
March 16, 2009, 05:05:22 pm
Had a great weekend climbing at Gogarth, new guide is really, easy to use and follow (first time climbing there was very life-affiriming as predicted :) ), photo topos make perfect sense, all in all a great guide  (also use the select North Wales guide, and similarly satisfied).  Well done Ground Up.

A few comments (minor though)...

p173 No route description for routes 46 + 47 marked on the topo (descriptions end after 45 Microdot)
p291 Typo in second paragraph "mazimising" perhaps meant to be "maximising"
p244 Left hand side of page has ~5mm of text missing (no doubt down to printers!)
p253 Right hand side of page has ~5mm of text missing (no doubt down to printers! Less of a problem than p244)

Thanks for the praise, much appreciated.

P173 - well spotted, I hadn't noticed that before! The descriptions are there, it's just the numbering that is wrong on p175: 43 should be 45, 44 should be 46, 45 should be 47.

The missing text strips occurs on a few pages - see here for an explanation and some pdfs:

http://www.groundupclimbing.com/newsitem.asp?nsid=227

What you say about the index is not true, go back and check for The Concrete Chimney, and A Dream of White Horses.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#32 Re: Gogarth North is in the shops!
March 17, 2009, 07:56:04 am

What you say about the index is not true, go back and check for The Concrete Chimney, and A Dream of White Horses.

Ahhh, all becomes clear  :-[

Should have thought to check the site for corrections before going.

Thanks again to you and everyone else involved in producing the guide.  Will definately be going back, sooner rather than later hopefully.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal