UKBouldering.com

What Jobs have you had around Cham? (Read 1050 times)

Probes

• forum hero
  • Wood Abuser
    • Crusher Holds
What Jobs have you had around Cham?
November 28, 2008, 03:48:39 pm
Just a bit of research, was wondering what sort of jobs people have done or have known others to do in Chamonix or the Alps broadly speaking. Anything from emptying bins to instructing/guiding? And your comments/thoughts on it.
Thanks.

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#1 Re: What Jobs have you had around Cham?
December 02, 2008, 10:25:42 am
Summer or winter? You looking for work or just interested in what people do?

I used to wash up at L'Atmosphere in summer. Plenty of that sort of evening work around - with the bonus that you get fed well.

I wouldn't reccommend doing any guiding (ski/board/climb) or instructing work unless you are properly qualified. The money is quite tempting, but if you get caught you will be in serious shit.

I helped out at the Panda club (ski kindergarten in Argentiere). Initially just preparing the snow for the kids, but also helped with english speaking families. Also used to do a bit of childminding for parents who wanted to get out on their own for a bit of skiing or dining - put up ads on the notice boards of the bars.

Ski-tech work is ok. Just ask around the hire shops. Good work to do at night leaving the day free to play.

There are quite a few british builders out there who often need skilled help. Skilled carpenters make a good living working on the wooden chalets.

I've driven transfer vans to and from Geneva Airport, boring but warm and comfortable.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal