UKBouldering.com

How do I take my laptop apart? (Read 1770 times)

Drew

• forum hero
  • Am I really a
How do I take my laptop apart?
November 21, 2008, 06:57:35 pm
As described in the title. I have an Evesham GREEN556E, but can't find any webpages which tell me how to do it. Basically I want to clean under the keyboard.

Can anyone help?

butters

• forum hero
  • Natural Born Punter
  • Everything's a grade harder hauling these 'burns!!
    • blog of butters
#1 Re: How do I take my laptop apart?
November 21, 2008, 07:14:49 pm
Never taken that model of laptop apart before but the ones I have usually have retaining screws that are reached from the underneath of the laptop itself. On Dell's (or it might be Compaqs I can't remember which but the design is likely to be similar) they are usually marked with a little keyboard sign next to them. The retaining screws will almost certainly be some random sort of torx style screw or something similar along those lines.

bluebrad

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#2 Re: How do I take my laptop apart?
November 21, 2008, 07:20:56 pm
Take a picture of the base and note which screws come out from where, ditto for any you undo internally as it can be a pain in the arse trying to remember where that tiny screw you have left was meant to go.

Have a search for "service manuals" too, a cursury search for that with the brand and model only led to a place selling replacement keyboards but a bit of hunting might turn it up.  Worth contactin Evesham direct and asking if they have a service manual (chance are they'll say no and offer to service it for you though).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal