UKBouldering.com

Mad finger condoms (Read 1883 times)

mark

• forum abuser
Mad finger condoms
September 18, 2003, 09:48:28 am
Check out the finger condoms:
http://www.madrockshoes.com/html/other_stuff.html

I wonder if they'd actually be any good. Certainly has the potential for being a better solution to splits and flappers than superglue and tape. But could you put up with the abuse that using them would certainly cause?

Greg C

• forum hero
#1 Mad finger condoms
September 18, 2003, 10:59:36 am
I have not actually used them in anger, although I have had a play with them and they fit really well (3 sizes). They are aimed at people who as you say have a ripped tip etc and not as a replacement to skin. You also need to tape them on as they would probably pull off on anything really slopy without the a bit of tape.
Be interesting to see how they go.

Greg C

mark

• forum abuser
#2 Mad finger condoms
September 18, 2003, 11:12:30 am
Know anywhere that stocks them and how much they cost? I'm intrigued. Also have an uneasy feeling that they are cheating, though this doesn't make any sense as I'm quite happy to have my feet encased in rubber and have no hesitation in taping up for jamming cracks.

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#3 Mad finger condoms
September 18, 2003, 11:30:58 am
God they look wierd. I would have a go I suppose, more on a new experiences than under any illusion of actually using them regularly.

vivahate

• forum abuser
  • Dragonaut
#4 Mad finger condoms
September 26, 2003, 12:12:14 am
my girlfriend always said she never understood why climbers didn't protect thier fingers or wear gloves or something to that effect.. if these things take off, im probally going to have to admit that she was right!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal