UKBouldering.com

Brad Pit and Joker question (Read 61524 times)

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#225 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 03:32:15 pm
Tom isn't Scott's Team Manager. Tom is the Senior Leading Team Manager.

And they both work at The Edge.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#226 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 03:42:52 pm

Well ok, but the fact that his quote was introduced as "British Senior Team Manager" is surely meant to add weight to the legitimacy of the claim? Or was it just irrelevant "background" comment? Fuck knows. Anyway, who sprayed the ascent to ukc's news pages?

Karl

• regular
    • My band, metal. more metal than yer mam's ketal.
#227 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 03:43:06 pm
Bubba, he isn't on the team. Tom is just his mate who happens to be the coach for the british team.
And I am pretty sure Scott didn't submit the news report either.
It is pretty annoying seeing my mate go through the grinder like this, he is a throughly decent kid who is just really really talented at everything he does.

I really wish all the 'ooooh errr' about this would die down, just take things at face value for once.
He isn't a Si O'connor deal going out in the middle of nowhere to do these hard problems and talking out of his arse about them.
He is Scott, a kid psyched as f**k on life and just getting out there and climbing.

Cheers.

Plattsy

• forum hero
#228 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 03:52:56 pm

account_inactive

• forum hero
#229 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 04:08:48 pm
Bubba, he isn't on the team. Tom is just his mate who happens to be the coach for the british team.
And I am pretty sure Scott didn't submit the news report either.
It is pretty annoying seeing my mate go through the grinder like this, he is a throughly decent kid who is just really really talented at everything he does.

I really wish all the 'ooooh errr' about this would die down, just take things at face value for once.
He isn't a Si O'connor deal going out in the middle of nowhere to do these hard problems and talking out of his arse about them.
He is Scott, a kid psyched as f**k on life and just getting out there and climbing.

Cheers.

Tom's a team manager not THE team coach I think.

Why is this such a big deal when it could be easily be proved?

dave

#230 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 04:17:53 pm
ditto, I don't know why everyone is getting all offended about this, all this "we've got pictures but we're going to cut off our noses to spite our face and not show them" and all this "scott may well quit climbing cos you've hurt his feelings" cry me a fucking river bullshit. all people have asked for is clarification, which ain't unreasonable cos this is an achievement of worldbeating proportions by a relative unknown. i'm repeating myself and a few other people here. why the fuck one of the spotters doesn't post the fuck up and lay this all to bed i'll never know. coe on don't be shy, do us all a favour here.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#231 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 04:20:46 pm

Well ok, but the fact that his quote was introduced as "British Senior Team Manager" is surely meant to add weight to the legitimacy of the claim? Or was it just irrelevant "background" comment? Fuck knows. Anyway, who sprayed the ascent to ukc's news pages?

Errr this Tom, right, he started this very thread too....

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#232 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 04:21:48 pm
Aaaagh! These topics piss me off - i'm going to retire from this one after this....

Why should people take things at face value?

This situation has happened so many times before that you've got to be totally fucking naiive to claim such hard stuff and expect people to believe you without some sort of proof.

Either keep quiet or expect this sort of cynicism, especially online. Nobody else is exempt, so I don't see why should somebody just because he's a "decent kid" etc?

It's ridiculous. This situation occurs with boring regularity.

- someone claims something outrageous, possibly only to their mates, but it soon finds it's way into the public spotlight
- nobody believes them
- everyone asks for proof
- two sides form i) no way they did that   ii) where's the trust gone? of course he/she did.
- original party often "has video" or "has photos" but now they won't show them because they're so hurt
- everyone carries on not believing them.

The solution is easy
either:
a) don't spray about your ascent. If you tell your mates, tell them not to post it all over the internet - duh!
b) get proof. It's not hard in this day and age of camera phones, etc. Try not using mystery spotters, etc, etc.
c) spray away but don't get all in a hurty little huff because nobody believes you. Jeesus!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#233 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 04:23:13 pm
Fair enough - if his username was Tom Randall then that'd be clear :) tbh I've not read through all 12 pages of tedium.

Fiend

• _
  • forum hero
  • Abominable sex magick practitioner and climbing heathen
  • Whut
#234 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 04:27:22 pm
Aaaagh! These topics piss me off - i'm going to retire from this one after this....

Why should people take things at face value?

This situation has happened so many times before that you've got to be totally fucking naiive to claim such hard stuff and expect people to believe you without some sort of proof.

Either keep quiet or expect this sort of cynicism, especially online. Nobody else is exempt, so I don't see why should somebody just because he's a "decent kid" etc?

It's ridiculous. This situation occurs with boring regularity.

- someone claims something outrageous, possibly only to their mates, but it soon finds it's way into the public spotlight
- nobody believes them
- everyone asks for proof
- two sides form i) no way they did that   ii) where's the trust gone? of course he/she did.
- original party often "has video" or "has photos" but now they won't show them because they're so hurt
- everyone carries on not believing them.

The solution is easy
either:
a) don't spray about your ascent. If you tell your mates, tell them not to post it all over the internet - duh!
b) get proof. It's not hard in this day and age of camera phones, etc. Try not using mystery spotters, etc, etc.
c) spray away but don't get all in a hurty little huff because nobody believes you. Jeesus!

Well that's what this is for - to try to hammer it out once on for all the importance of proof and the validity of doubting etc etc, get a definitive reference topic for it so we all know (particular those sitting on the fence) what the issues at stake are.

pinkmoon12

#235 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 05:25:14 pm
I really really wish I’d never read all this crap. I've never posted on one of these but some of you are talking SHIT. Some people are talking about Scott as though he’s not a person. Do you think that you can just discuss him on here and that he won’t read it and not take it “personally” and not feel completely pissed off and unmotivated. He's just climbed a fucking hard problem but all some people can do is doubt him!

So fucking what if he’s not “on the scene” seriously! People do know him! He’s not a liar…he’s the nicest and genuinely strongest guys I’ve ever met. So just give it a rest will you! :please:
Rather than 'oooh errring' about whether Scott has climbed it or not why don't you get off your computer and get out climbing yourself?!

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#236 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 05:27:48 pm
I really really wish I’d never read all this crap.

why don't you get off your computer and get out climbing yourself?!

Hmmm  :-\

pinkmoon12

#237 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 05:35:06 pm
i.e I wouldn't USUALLY read this kinda stuff...
anyway I'm not gunna say anymore...I have better things to be doing with my time, but please just drop the thread!

Baron

• obsessive maniac
#238 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 06:04:23 pm
Does God exsist? Answers on a postcard to ....

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#239 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 06:08:53 pm
i been wathching this thread carefully, ant not going to get involved..........

just find it all pretty funny.... I do agrea though with the camera aspect of it all, If I am going to climb a hard problem I always take a camera now just so I can sit back in 50 years time and masterbate over how strong I once was    :oops:

Tommy

• junky
#240 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 06:53:30 pm
Fair enough - if his username was Tom Randall then that'd be clear :) tbh I've not read through all 12 pages of tedium.

Oh God, I'm getting dragged into the quagmire....

No - I don't have any videos or photos of me as Team Manager. I couldn't be arsed to carry my camera on my pushbike to all team trainings...  ;)

Great that someone might get the vague idea that I was Scott's coach though - they might think I actually know what I'm talking about then!

Come to think of it.... Seeing as everyone is reading this thread, would anyone who's dead fast at typing be willing to listen to me dictate this Spanish Coach's Training Manual that I'm translating for the Senior Team and do the typing? You'd getting some seriously good training knowledge out of it! PM me if interested.

webbo

• forum hero
#241 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 07:37:08 pm

Oh God, I'm getting dragged into the quagmire....

No - I don't have any videos or photos of me as Team Manager. I couldn't be arsed to carry my camera on my pushbike to all team trainings...  ;)

Great that someone might get the vague idea that I was Scott's coach though - they might think I actually know what I'm talking about then!

Come to think of it.... Seeing as everyone is reading this thread, would anyone who's dead fast at typing be willing to listen to me dictate this Spanish Coach's Training Manual that I'm translating for the Senior Team and do the typing? You'd getting some seriously good training knowledge out of it! PM me if interested.

and that clarified what exactly.

GraemeA

• forum hero
  • FTM
    • The Works, it's the Bollocks
#242 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 21, 2008, 08:31:50 pm
That sarcasm is not dead?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#244 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 22, 2008, 06:50:33 am
I really really wish I’d never read all this crap. I've never posted on one of these but some of you are talking SHIT. Some people are talking about Scott as though he’s not a person. Do you think that you can just discuss him on here and that he won’t read it and not take it “personally” and not feel completely pissed off and unmotivated. He's just climbed a fucking hard problem but all some people can do is doubt him!

So fucking what if he’s not “on the scene” seriously! People do know him! He’s not a liar…he’s the nicest and genuinely strongest guys I’ve ever met. So just give it a rest will you! :please:
Rather than 'oooh errring' about whether Scott has climbed it or not why don't you get off your computer and get out climbing yourself?!

Its not suprising you dont post on forums with stupid comments like that.
Who's called Scott a liar or accused him of being weak or unpleasant. no-one.
no-one cares if he's on the scene or not but if he want's the recognistion he deserves then the people on the scene want some validation to his claims
Most of us on here (bubba excluded) get out climbing all the time.
Go back to your make believe world where si o'conner really has done V16

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#245 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 22, 2008, 08:01:42 am
(bubba excluded)
What do you mean  >:(  ;D

That's why you'll rarely me find me discussing bouldering on here...

SA Chris

• forum hero
    • http://groups.msn.com/ChrisClix
#246 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 22, 2008, 09:47:31 am
Does God exsist?

Of course she does.

dave

#247 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 22, 2008, 01:59:06 pm
I have a friend in prison who's pointed me to a thread on cocktalk where it says the Doncaster Dynamo flashed the Joker using the original 1996-style jerry beta. I'll also point you now to a post by the peak's premier crabmaster:

If he flashed the original method I'm sure this is up there as one of the greatest flashes ever. Super technical weird 2 move flickyness is of the hardest flash order and considered 8a+.

I think after that the ace is a mere formality.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
#248 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 22, 2008, 02:50:28 pm
(bubba excluded)
What do you mean  >:(  ;D

That's why you'll rarely me find me discussing bouldering on here...

aha....

secret's out now dude.... lets be having you then  ;)

JohnM

• junky
#249 Re: Brad Pit and Joker question
October 22, 2008, 04:46:25 pm
Without getting involved in the debate that has occurred here and more generally in another thread I was just wondering, are we going to get to see the pictures of Scott climbing The Ace?  Not because I want proof of the ascent, but because I like to spend my days at work looking at pictures of people climbing hard boulder problems!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal