UKBouldering.com

Vimeo Group- UKBouldering (Read 51704 times)

nik at work

• forum hero
#25 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 05, 2012, 01:55:48 pm
I've stuck a bunch of my videos on the new one, sorry...

Also noticed that I'm still a member of the old UKB group, and the new UKB group is also called UKBouldering. So I am a member of two groups called UKBouldering and there is no obvious way of telling the two apart on the +add tab when you add a clip to the group. Which is a bit confusing, as is my explanation no doubt. Anyway I can't see a way of removing the original group from my list of groups, anybody got any clues? It seems weird that my membership of the group is still active despite the group having disappeared...

Anyway nice one for getting it all up and running again G, I'm sure it will soon be populated with many videos of a far higher quality than mine. The big loss might be the documents, I know that many of the docs were for pretty esoteric things but it was an interesting collection of bits and bats.

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#26 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 05, 2012, 01:59:31 pm
Also noticed that I'm still a member of the old UKB group, and the new UKB group is also called UKBouldering. So I am a member of two groups called UKBouldering and there is no obvious way of telling the two apart on the +add tab when you add a clip to the group. Which is a bit confusing, as is my explanation no doubt. Anyway I can't see a way of removing the original group from my list of groups, anybody got any clues? It seems weird that my membership of the group is still active despite the group having disappeared...

What he said. Rename please! Super Ukbouldering 2 Turbo.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#27 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 05, 2012, 02:21:43 pm
I've created a UKB video account which is now the Owner of the UKB group, so hopefully we are safe(r).

At least now I can re-do the folders that I couldn't amend after the website upgrades.  Still no option with the files though.

Let's have a poll.  Always worth a punt.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#28 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 05, 2012, 03:26:56 pm
The Group address should work as https://vimeo.com/groups/ukb

I have titled the group differently for now. Is that clearer?

highrepute

• forum hero
  • Blah
#29 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 05, 2012, 04:28:48 pm
Good for me. I'm re-adding my videos.

Seems pretty bad that vimeo would just loose all those files? surely they have back-ups?

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#30 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 05, 2012, 04:30:46 pm
No doubt they do, but employing someone to go and find all the files for every group whenever something gets lost is probably something they can't be arsed with.

Perhaps use the UKB Wiki for storing/hosting files in future?

(Although I think Bubba or another admin may need to relax the file extensions that are permitted)

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#31 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 06, 2012, 05:38:48 pm
Just spent an hour putting vids in folders, only to find the videos within the folder won't link (it just gives the Vimeo-Uh-oh page).  Does it work for anyone else, or am I wasting my time?

CBA

• player
  • Gin drinking underachiever
    • Unrepentant man child
#32 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 06, 2012, 06:02:35 pm
Working fine here...like the folders idea by the way.

205Chris

• forum hero
#33 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 06, 2012, 06:03:08 pm
Just spent an hour putting vids in folders, only to find the videos within the folder won't link (it just gives the Vimeo-Uh-oh page).  Does it work for anyone else, or am I wasting my time?

Works for me.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#34 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 06, 2012, 06:05:44 pm
Is it just me?  If I go into the Northumberland folder and click on "In the Woods!", the video link won't work?

205Chris

• forum hero
#35 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 06, 2012, 06:19:55 pm
Is it just me?  If I go into the Northumberland folder and click on "In the Woods!", the video link won't work?

That link doesn't work for me either but if I click through from the UKB home page it takes me to this link which works fine.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#36 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 23, 2012, 04:14:32 pm
Had another thought with regards to the Vimeo UKBouldering.

It seems myself and a few others regularly stick videos into the Quality Bouldering/Chuffing thread that are hosted on Vimeo.

How about having a thread in a similar vein to the Blog Piles that simply suck in the RSS feed for the new UKBouldering : Pink Anasazi thus negating the need to do so.

Pros :

Less 'work' for users to get videos embedded with UKB (I've actually reduced the amount I do this of late anyway).
Simple to add videos to the Vimeo UKBouldering : Pink Anasazi group (assuming you are in that thread).
[Add what you think wold be a Pro here]

Cons :

It would lose the somewhat subjective Quality/Non-quality filtering (which personally I think is a bit whack anyway and often reflects a level of self-deprecation as most users vids get stuck in the later which doesn't truely reflect their quality in my opinion).
It may result in 'spam' as there is currently no moderation applied to the videos added to the Vimeo group.
[Add what you think wold be a Con here]

Just a thought.  I'm sure similar could be setup on YouTube.

GCW

• forum hero
  • No longer a
#37 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 23, 2012, 06:08:09 pm
There IS moderation of the videos, subject entirely to my own opinion.  :guilty:

Having said that, if the vids were automatically sucked into UKB I can switch on the option of having to approve added videos before they are published.

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
#38 Re: Vimeo Group- UKBouldering
July 23, 2012, 07:58:49 pm
There IS moderation of the videos, subject entirely to my own opinion.  :guilty:

No slight intended, and not something I've noticed, my apologies.

I thought about this too and even did a trail implementation at the UKB test forum a year or so ago, but I prefer the current approach.

Fairy muff.  Just thinking of ways to lessen the burden on users (for want of a better phrase as its not that onerous, just mildly annoying having to remove the 's' from the URL or correct it).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal