UKBouldering.com

Best place to buy a new home in Sheffield? (Read 2988 times)

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
Best place to buy a new home in Sheffield?
September 22, 2008, 02:18:23 pm
I have been looking for awhile and am not quite sure where to go for, anyone got any good knowledge? I am probably missing a lot of decent areas to live in. Obviously usual climbers criteria need to be met, garage/cellar for bouldering wall, preferably near a good pub.

Hugs

Rich

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
Keep looking and stay renting, prices have a long way to fall yet i.e. about 25% as a median but perhaps as much as 40% if things go awry.

If you're set on buying and are an effective cash buyer you could do worse than look for a distress sale (the signs of which are 'no upward chain' and or one that's also available to let) and then offer them asking - 30%.

check our www.propertysnake.co.uk

Ohhh and remember Blundells are c**ts

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Blundells are indeed ctnus.

Meersbrook is a good place to live. In fact I happen to have a 3 bed, end terrace for sale. PM if you are interested - no money will go to Blundells.

richdraws

• obsessive maniac
Why are they cunts? I have found them to be cunts, but I would like to know what cuntish behaviour to watch out for.  8)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Why are they cunts? I have found them to be cunts, but I would like to know what cuntish behaviour to watch out for.  8)

• Completely lacking in that basic commodity thats required by a company.......communication.
  • Poor consistency with regards to who is dealing with your sale/letting.
  • Constant referal to other departments whose responsibility it is.
  • Staff who don't sound as though they have a clue about what day of the week it is let alone how to do their job.[/url]

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
Blundells lie and manipulate even more than other estate agents to push the price up - they then use the fact that most of their staff don't know what they are doing to hide/blur their dodgy practices. Communication is rubbish. Confidentiality is breached whenever money can be made.

I know two people who are in the process of taking them to court.

fatdoc

• forum hero
  • old and fearful
    • http://www.pincheswall.co.uk
i agree with sloper, dont buy yet.

blundells is not well liked on here, i agree with this too.

consider other areas in due course, norton, green hill & woodseats arnt on your list - they tick your desirables

Paul B

• forum hero
i agree with sloper, dont buy yet.

blundells is not well liked on here, i agree with this too.

consider other areas in due course, norton, green hill & woodseats arnt on your list - they tick your desirables

I don't like them after being laughed out of their office asking for a one bedroom flat with parking within our budget. Strange then that we found a two bedroom top floor flat with parking within our budget. CUNTS.
Having said that after having a recent valuation day with 5 estate agents scheduled only 2 turned up. Bloor and CUNTS, the estimantions were done in that time honored fashion of reading next doors valuation from the internet, wowza.

Sloper

• forum hero
  • fat and weak but with good footwork.
We all know estate agents operate on the ethical boundary between downright dishonesty and satan, however Blundells tarnsihed this reputation with cvntish behaviour of a whole new order,

In short they try and charge £150 admin fee for renting a property (and yes you have to pay for the credit check etc), fail to tell you that propertys have been taken until AFTER you've driven into sheffield to sign the papers at THEIR request.

Don't pick up the telephone or return calls and generally pass you around the houses before cutting you off.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal