UKBouldering.com

Bachar Ladders (Read 3918 times)

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
Bachar Ladders
October 28, 2002, 12:52:27 pm
Morning all! welcome to a new week in sunny Sheffield?  :wink:  I'll get me coat...

Contemplating building a Bachar Ladder and have found some excellent advice on Rockfax on construction and all that, but what do you think? is it a good idea? I know about the potential for injury and its not really that that I'm questioning - more whether its a valid training mechanism?

Having strong arms and good lock strength is one thing, but if you can't hang the holds cos your fingers are too weak then you should concentrate on that surely?

Hmm. Think I've answered me own question there.  :?

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#1 Bachar Ladders
October 28, 2002, 01:15:45 pm
Reckon they're good, but they used to screw my elbows up something rotten. Other thing is the amount of space they take up - you need a gym to set a good high one up - not really the sort of thing you can stick in the attic.

Well, fingers are more important, I agree, but it can't help to be a beast in the arm dept as well, can it?

dobbin

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
  • Buoux 7a
#2 Bachar Ladders
October 29, 2002, 08:49:37 pm
yeah, i think you are right. I have kinda decided to make a campus board. you need less space. Jon Welford used to have one in the bit above his stairs when he lived opposite the Lescar - think thats what i'll aim for.

fatboySlimfast

• forum hero
#3 Bachar Ladders
November 01, 2002, 12:14:29 pm
Used do a lot on jerrys ladder down foundry which was huuuuuuuuugggggeeee locks for my height.didnt seem to do that much for me, certainly made me stronger locked in on a hold BuT read malcs stuff and he trains open ie not twisted in on your shoulder with arm next to pec which is nigh on imposs on ladder.he says it makes you stronger on the full range not just in the right postion
Malcs training for hubble was on a board smaller than an average cellar board, go figure

dave

#4 Bachar Ladders
November 01, 2002, 12:20:29 pm
Would be hilarous if you said that last sentence in a "Yogi bear" voice.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal