UKBouldering.com

Non-climbing holiday? (Read 12972 times)

Yossarian

• forum hero
#50 Re: Non-climbing holiday?
August 02, 2008, 08:47:32 am
Moving back on topic, anyone got any suggestions for a warmish venue in September with sea bathing suitable for a one year old, must be within 3 hours flying, relatively cheap and prole free.

Nearby bouldering obviously a bonus.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet, but there's this delightful little town called San Antonio - it's on a little Spanish island (the name of which escapes me) famous for its folky, carnival atmosphere. San Antonio is a real gem - you'd love it. Beautiful Moorish buildings, little restaurants serving just caught fish, and the local wines are really something. There are all sorts of herbal elixirs that you might be able to track down too. Anyway, I'd heartily recommend it. Very few Brits, quite a sophisticated local crowd, a lot of foodies, theatre types, that sort of thing. There's also a literary festival in early September (I think) - I think Margaret Drabble and Simon Sebag Montefiore are headlining this year.

Oh, and re the one year old - we met someone last time who left their child in this great creche when they went on their basket weaving course. I think it was called Pacha or something.

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
#51 Re: Non-climbing holiday?
August 02, 2008, 11:30:10 am

hehe - I'm really missing not going to the island this year :(   It's meant to be lovely in October after all the closing parties have finished but it's still warm...

Paul B

• forum hero
#52 Re: Non-climbing holiday?
September 07, 2008, 07:55:34 pm
It it's sunshine with something to do you that you're after you can't go wrong with sailing or windsurfing. Lots to learn, great fun, by the sea etc.  There's also nothing wrong with going to somewhere with a nice beach with lots of books and good snorkelling IMHO.. 

Just like to say thanks for all the suggestions. We ended up having two weeks windsurfing in Dahab and it was bloody fantastic, the best holiday we've had for a while. Such a shame really that its a totally different (colder) kettle of fish here not to mention frighteningly expensive!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal