UKBouldering.com

Hot stuff (Read 3120 times)

Bubba

• Global Moderator
  • forum hero
Hot stuff
September 09, 2003, 08:19:13 am
8a.nu report:

"Aron Urbanics from Budapest, Hungary spent ten days in the Peak District at the end of July. He soloed Knockin' on Heaven's Door, E9 6c  after only four toprope tries over two days"

Not bad given how hot it's been?!

Cool name too.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
    • Flickr Page, Vimeo Videos and Blog
#1 Re: Hot stuff
September 09, 2003, 08:38:41 am
Quote from: "Bubba"
8a.nu report:

"Aron Urbanics from Budapest, Hungary spent ten days in the Peak District at the end of July. He soloed Knockin' on Heaven's Door, E9 6c  after only four toprope tries over two days"

Not bad given how hot it's been?!

Cool name too.

By Eck!

Ive always said that soloing this has to be the most impressive thing done on grit... Its such on off climbing  :shock:

dave

#2 Hot stuff
September 09, 2003, 09:02:56 am
alightly off topic, but is E9 the consensus grade for this? i'd heard it was E7, and when Ron did the second ascent didn't he give it E6 or something like that.

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#3 Hot stuff
September 09, 2003, 09:08:46 am
Quote from: "dave"
alightly off topic, but is E9 the consensus grade for this? i'd heard it was E7, and when Ron did the second ascent didn't he give it E6 or something like that.

Yeah, not entirely sure myself, but -

E6 Pre placed and clipped high and low peg
E7 Pre placed and clipped first peg
E8 All gear placed on lead, usuallyn not including high peg as impossible to place on lead

Dont quote me though

dave

#4 Hot stuff
September 09, 2003, 09:22:36 am
nice, so what gear does honneyman have when he takes the massive winger at the start of that vid?

Adam Lincoln

• forum hero
#5 Hot stuff
September 09, 2003, 09:30:11 am
nice, so what gear does honneyman have when he takes the massive winger at the start of that vid?

Dan has just the low knife blade and cam to back it up.

It was a scarey day that. Two of us where taking photos, one filming and one belaying. When he fell we all thought that was it... After about 20 minutes he went again and fell from exactly the same point! Whe it cam to get the blade out, it was slightly bent but just fell out of the slot  :shock:

Think he fell off once more before he did the route, luckily i wasnt there, as he fell off slightly higher

Dave Flanagan

• forum abuser
#6 Hot stuff
September 09, 2003, 10:00:38 am

What vid?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal