UKBouldering.com

Font a la cheap (Read 11651 times)

Johnny Brown

• forum hero
#25 Re: Font a la cheap
September 05, 2008, 10:11:56 am
the cave that JB speaks of is all well and good but i don't think he's seen anybody emerge from that cave and climb day after day, they don't look or sound like they're enjoying the process.

Just because a man looks like a tramp does not neccesarily mean he isn't enjoying himself. Your bones may be too old now to cope with the great outdoors, but can't you remember back, half a lifetime ago, to your marine days when a cave would have been luxury and Carrefour a poor alternative to going 'mano-a-mano' with a wild boar?

Somebody's Fool

• forum hero
#26 Re: Font a la cheap
September 05, 2008, 10:26:10 am
I don't think Lee has roughed it since that fateful night in Monaco with the Enigma, an industrial sized can of ravioli and a horse trough. Utterly understandable in my eyes.

Also, if you pack a Jim, which Lee is wont to do, he sorts accommodation out for you and you don't really have to pay him back.

a dense loner

• forum hero
#27 Re: Font a la cheap
September 05, 2008, 10:34:37 am
all good points

should really start on the not paying jim back scene

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#28 Re: Font a la cheap
September 05, 2008, 12:29:53 pm
all good points

should really start on the not paying jim back scene

speaking of cheap, i need a cheap spark in january?????????????????????????

i.munro

• junky
#29 Re: Font a la cheap
September 05, 2008, 12:55:42 pm
An alternative is (if you can book it) the Hotel Etap near the station in Avon/Fontainebleau.
Not as cheap as F1 but you have easy access to shops, bars etc & the town itself or the train to Paris in the event of rain + you have a TV.

Many (admittedly smaller) areas within easy walking distance, Rocher canon or petit Bois are one stop on the train. In summer the shuttle bus will take you most of the way to Franchard or a it's walkable in about an hour but it's a good walk.

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#30 Re: Font a la cheap
September 05, 2008, 02:12:26 pm
just one question: when going "à la cheap" starts to hinder your climbing because of lack of sleep, or humidity, or foos, is it still worth?

I've never found a lack of music by Dave Grohl a hindrance to my climbing ability although in answer to the others I'd say no, it's not worth it at all. Nice comfy gite every time.
;D
me no capire inglish.
damn damn english!!!

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#31 Re: Font a la cheap
September 09, 2008, 11:16:09 am
to kick this debate off again, I'm off to font in a van for some 'a la cheap' style action what car parks are best for avoiding the damn french police?  I'm thinking isatis, elephant, Ive done buthiers & bas cuvier before, but I'm not in to dogging so looking to avoid bum action this trip. out for a week any help would be great.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#32 Re: Font a la cheap
September 09, 2008, 02:04:47 pm
isatis, cuisiniere and rocher guichot car parks are the best.

be warned the rain is about to hit us, the sky is darkening as i speak and its is due to stay

ds

#33 Re: Font a la cheap
September 10, 2008, 09:56:59 am

be warned the rain is about to hit us, the sky is darkening as i speak and its is due to stay

Nooo!  Ill be over with you on sat Neil, tell me this isnt true!

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#34 Re: Font a la cheap
September 10, 2008, 05:18:04 pm
its tru alright, sorry, i am heading for spain friday night

lagerstarfish

• forum hero
  • Weapon Of Mass
  • "There's no cure for being a c#nt"
#35 Re: Font a la cheap
September 10, 2008, 05:40:50 pm
to kick this debate off again, I'm off to font in a van for some 'a la cheap' style action what car parks are best for avoiding the damn french police?  I'm thinking isatis, elephant, Ive done buthiers & bas cuvier before, but I'm not in to dogging so looking to avoid bum action this trip. out for a week any help would be great.

You are allowed (well in 2007 you were) to stay overnight in the carpark on your left as you leave Bourron-Marlotte (sp) on the road to Font. There is a sign saying so and usually several vans.

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#36 Re: Font a la cheap
September 10, 2008, 06:05:44 pm

You are allowed (well in 2007 you were) to stay overnight in the carpark on your left as you leave Bourron-Marlotte (sp) on the road to Font. There is a sign saying so and usually several vans.

yes you are aload to stay there. Its a pretty good bive spot, set up nicely, close to the shops as well

Stef

• player
#37 Re: Font a la cheap
September 11, 2008, 09:12:55 am
if you don't sleep at the same place every night, the police shall not really bother you. as you however need to visit different areas, do some shopping, etc, it won't make any trouble.
For the rain, the forecast here always sucks. they only drop a coin and drink pastis, not reliable at all. so keep faith in the dry whether.
I need to climb also this week end...

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#38 Re: Font a la cheap
September 11, 2008, 02:38:37 pm
whats the weather like mid october time, is it as random as the uk? also can any one sugest a good/ cheap gite for 8, as this trip has sprialed beyond my control so will be cheaper than F1. ta

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#39 Re: Font a la cheap
September 11, 2008, 05:38:27 pm
i have a gite for 5 mid october if thats any good

chriss

• obsessive maniac
#40 Re: Font a la cheap
September 11, 2008, 11:19:18 pm
cheeky bastard, emailed you the other day you said you were full till November! will get some numbers & might give you another shout, but looks like 8 people, shame as i stayed with you earlier this year (white van & bikes) & thought it was a fuckin ace gite & good value to boot. do i get a discount for that shameless plug?  :lol:

Stef

• player
#41 Re: Font a la cheap
September 12, 2008, 09:55:54 am
An accomodation for 5 cannot have 8 poeple !
Sorry I had to answer as i have to protect my collegues !!! ahaha !!!!

neil h

• forum hero
  • You think i'm fat
    • sibl
#42 Re: Font a la cheap
September 12, 2008, 10:23:11 am
cheeky bastard, emailed you the other day you said you were full till November! will get some numbers & might give you another shout, but looks like 8 people, shame as i stayed with you earlier this year (white van & bikes) & thought it was a fuckin ace gite & good value to boot. do i get a discount for that shameless plug?  :lol:

yes i rememeb. But yes i just had a cancalation, two guys booked the same group but for two different weeks, so the same gite you stayed is free, but we have renovated since you were last here.....its plush now, maybe too good for you  ;)

anyway im off to the picos in a couple of hours, be back in 10 days if you are interested in it

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal