UKBouldering.com

Pleasley Vale (Read 1776 times)

slackline

• forum hero
    • Sheffield Boulder
Pleasley Vale
July 04, 2008, 10:42:40 am
No doubt of minor interest, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Popped out to Pleasley Vale yesterday afternoon and Frog Buttress has had a load of logs, hay and other tree debris dragged underneath it rendering it unclimbable.

Wouldn't be too hard to sort out I'd imagine, but it may be indicative of poor behaviour at the crag pissing off land-owners, although there was very little rubbish around (picked up one half empty bottle that I could see).

Yew Tree wall and the long traverse were perfectly fine though (and free of rubbish).

white7

#1 Re: Pleasley Vale
July 12, 2008, 10:28:02 am
I climb there alot, but not been since the rain, any idea who the land owner is?

fashionguru

• player
#2 Re: Pleasley Vale
July 14, 2008, 03:07:16 pm
Was down there one friday eve a couple of weeks ago and there was loads of youths partying and rolling around with each other in the meadow. (could not vid them as cam was not working. Joke)

Anyway on my way out spoke with the owner of the house how was well pissed and said he would do something about it.

Dont know if it was them but would not blame them if it was the party was a bit full on.

Tony Simpson

r-man

• forum hero
  • Glory lurks beneath the moss
    • LANCASHIRE BOULDERING GUIDEBOOK
#3 Re: Pleasley Vale
July 14, 2008, 06:17:55 pm
Any of you Pleasley regulars got any knowledge of good eliminates?

http://ukbouldering.com/board/index.php/topic,9164.msg148851.html#msg148851

al

• obsessive maniac
    • 50folds
#4 Re: Pleasley Vale
August 31, 2008, 04:27:18 pm
popped out yesterday - been a major fire/party under yew tree wall, and has covered all the wall, from the yew tree groove across to the arete, in black soot right up to the finishing jugs (including dr. hart's problem amongst others), also loads of party trash - wasn't the leafy summer spot I remember, more like a scene from 'wall-e'

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal