UKBouldering.com

Peak Pubs - booze & grub (Read 76623 times)

mark20

• junky
#200 Re: Peak Pubs - booze & grub
July 25, 2018, 12:17:45 pm
Was pleasantly surprised by the food in the Scotsmans Pack the other week. Great slab of gammon steak. The roast pork 'sandwhich', was small roast dinner between two slabs of fresh bread, all soaked in gravy - it looked amazing.

Maazi is the go-to curry house for me in Hathersage now. But bare in mind everything is a bit spicey for the grade

Wood FT

• forum hero
#201 Re: Peak Pubs - booze & grub
July 25, 2018, 02:32:40 pm
Was pleasantly surprised by the food in the Scotsmans Pack the other week. Great slab of gammon steak. The roast pork 'sandwhich', was small roast dinner between two slabs of fresh bread, all soaked in gravy - it looked amazing.

Maazi is the go-to curry house for me in Hathersage now. But bare in mind everything is a bit spicey for the grade

Beta

bigironhorse

• junky
    • YouTube
#202 Re: Peak Pubs - booze & grub
July 25, 2018, 03:32:53 pm

I've had a few good curries at Sangam's in the past but last time I went all the food was so oily as to be nearly inedible. Naan bread crap too. Will try out Maazi next time.

sdm

• forum abuser
#203 Re: Peak Pubs - booze & grub
July 25, 2018, 10:22:34 pm
Maazi have a second place in Matlock that is decent too.

El Mocho

• forum abuser
#204 Re: Peak Pubs - booze & grub
July 28, 2018, 09:44:49 am

John Parsons - the guy who was the chief/owner at 'The Kitchen' in Sheffield is currently the chief at the Scotsmans and I've had reports from a few people that it's been good there recently.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal