UKBouldering.com

Bouldering near Berlin (Read 3941 times)

irish si

• menacing presence
Bouldering near Berlin
August 18, 2008, 08:14:33 pm
Any of you hommes know of any bouldering near Berlin??  Within a few hours drive.  Tried to google but nothing comes up.

Stubbs

#1 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 18, 2008, 09:03:50 pm
This http://www.climbing.com/photo-video/gallery/berlinbunker/ looks like a pretty interesting climbing experience.  Not got any info on proper crags though, sorry.

Monolith

• forum hero
  • Straight outta Cronton.
#2 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 18, 2008, 09:15:39 pm
Off to techno Si? Keen to hear what people say for my October visit...

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#3 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 21, 2008, 05:56:19 pm
Don't fart around, head straight for the Czech border.  And don't go to Berghain.

irish si

• menacing presence
#4 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 22, 2008, 10:55:53 am
just pondering a few options actually monolith.

Houdini - Why no berghain?  It does sound interesting? Have you been? No cameras allowed, men bumming in the corners, was going to take doylo there.

Obviously there is no bouldering there then.  Was considering going there for a while, but possibly not then.

Peter

#5 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 22, 2008, 11:22:17 am
Try this  http://www.gulag-online.de/  , quite good sandstone venue near Dresden . Although I live in  Szczecin (north of Poland ) it takes me  only 3 hours drive to get there, so from Berlin will be   around 2. If you need any further info let me know

tc

• junky
#6 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 22, 2008, 02:08:56 pm
Head east. The Harz has some great bouldering

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#7 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 23, 2008, 11:57:48 am
Listen to tc.  It's worth the drive/train.

Berghain's just not as good as one might expect considering the hype.  Been a few times.  The crowd are shit:  gays on the left - straights on the right of the dancefloor and never the twain do they mix.  Music is hugely variable.  Far too much mnml and dubtech and not enough techno.  Too much cocksucking on the dancefloor.  Literally.  Not the friendliest atmosphere for  non-faghag girls.  Usual to queue for one hour to get in.  Best to enter at opening time and set yourself up w/ enough drugs (scoring is a chore, come prepared) and money for a bender that will last till midday. 

On the plus side it's only 10 euro and you get the Panorama bar which is a club in itself.  Architecturally it's shit hot.  I'd recommend you take in the new tresor and go for the double.

Monolith

• forum hero
#8 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 23, 2008, 11:40:54 pm
Re the Berghain, I read something a while back about something pertaining to a basement (?) that was some sort of sexually liberated zone. Anyway, it sounded amazing and even I might be in with a chance of some action by the sound of things.

Monolith

• forum hero
#9 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 23, 2008, 11:43:18 pm
Oh and Si...

Get your arse to Nibile's uncle's outdoor techno club in Follonica, Italy. There is some amazing bouldering in the vicinity and a club to die for. I'm sure Lore will score you beta if you are even remotely interested.

Failing that, a posse is forming for Hawtin in Berlin in October if you could get psyched.

Jim

• Trusted Users
  • forum hero
  • Mostly Injured
  • Pregnant Horse
    • Bouldering POI's for tomtom
#10 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 24, 2008, 06:38:51 am
Its a long way to go when he's playing in Manchester

Houdini

• forum hero
  • Heil Mary
#11 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 24, 2008, 12:34:20 pm
Mancs a dump w/ little or no character.  And it's marooned in England w/ their retarded licensing laws.  It's also quite a small place.  Berlin is an unforgettable city and there really is no contest if one were looking for a place to party.

I know the room you mean Mono.  It's not a basement but a darkened bar adjacent the main floor.  Question is:  do you need to see a queer 3 graces fingering each others' rims then licking themselves clean to a mnml beat?

Nibile

• forum hero
  • Part Animal Part Machine
    • TOTOLORE
#12 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 24, 2008, 01:05:14 pm
Oh and Si...

Get your arse to Nibile's uncle's outdoor techno club in Follonica, Italy. There is some amazing bouldering in the vicinity and a club to die for. I'm sure Lore will score you beta if you are even remotely interested.

yes but be quick, it's a summertime only club, and the girls will be almost naked for not longer.

Monolith

• forum hero
#13 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 24, 2008, 09:48:16 pm
I'm psyched for the rimming action. Everything is so sterile here in England.

Off to Cadenza showcase tonight sans rimming (although I could start a faction..... :-\

Jim, as tempting as a birthday weekend in Mancs is, I'd rather go to Berlin for three days.

tc

• junky
#14 Re: Bouldering near Berlin
August 25, 2008, 10:11:54 am
Head east. The Harz has some great bouldering

Er...sorry, the Harz is WEST from Berlin. I was looking out of the clasroom window watching the girls playing tennis when we did German geography at school.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal